Are You Saying Pan or Pam? (& Sous Vide Chicken Burgers)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
My last "professional circulon" cookware set has been needing to be replaced. At least all the pans since they get used.

Was about to just buy the same set since it close to 7hrs of abuse before losing the non stick. But instead I bought the restaurant pans from Sams and super happy I did. Pots are still decent, but will likely upgrade as well.

First few test runs of eggs and random heating of things needed no oil and slid right off. Spent right around $100 for 4 of them plus a larger 5.5qt cooker (different brand) to also replace the 5qt one that came with the set.

Anyways thought I'd share initial thoughts that they hold heat well, super even heating and a higher oven rating than what I had. Time will tell, but just like the sams restaurant knives I'm impressed so far. Luckily we don't care about mismatched sets of anything in our house. Use what works well.

Got sous vide chicken burger test happening tonight and I'll use the 15" to sear them up at the end.

DM4Bb0Kl.jpg

I4hqBwPl.jpg

EucTJI7l.jpg

OllYIRGl.jpg

XvofxBWl.jpg

rDT085Cl.jpg

ikDG4h7l.jpg

YHkhlyZl.jpg

rWCzIOFl.jpg

bfDnarSl.jpg

1tecRQcl.jpg

MS8qwD3l.jpg

2LSLVwSl.jpg

We gave up buying expensive nonstick pans. They never really last. I let the wife choose now. We're pretty happy with our cheap ceramic set we have now. We also like our Sam's knives. Hold an edge pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A good lesson to me also. I always bought Vollrath that I learned to cook on but Tfal works just as good for a bit less.

Food looks awesome!

I think I can help with this whole Pan/Pam dilemma :mrgreen:

Looks like you've been cooking up a storm! I should probably dust my SV off and give it another go.

We stopped using non stick for everything except eggs. I buy a stand alone pan from target when it stops being non-stick. Usually spend around $25 on one.

Back