Are you burned out?

18 contests this year, two stretches of 5 in a row, and I'm ready to do a contest this weekend. Just needed a couple weeks off from the Royal is all. Let's go!!!

Oh wait, Plowboy's Porkapolooza is this weekend... LET'S GET SMOKIN!

What and I am not invited, what kind of crap is this??? yeah I am ticked off.:twisted:

That is really...really ....really BAD!!!

I did 7 comps this year... 6 more than last year and 6 more than I expected to do. I have Nancee and Greg of Purple Turtles to thank for extending my BBQ season. I was very fortunate to do 2 comps with the LI Brethren... Willy Pallooza in July and The Battle of the BBQ Brethren just 2 weekends ago. Thanks to Purple Turtles I experienced the American Royal Invitational and Open. It was a humbling experience. I will never look at a barbeque comp. the same way. It was a wonderful experience. It was the equivalent of doing 3 all nighters in a row. We flew to KC with a few bags and thanks to Todd, Andy, Bill Arnold, Voo Doo BBQ and Chris, Bob of Ga. and Ginger the BBQ Girl we did the best we could....Sayville was the most relaxed comp of the year... it was a really great time...I was not fatigued at all thanks to the valet packup crew that PooBah assembled...

Am I Burnt Out?

Not at all!!!

I can't wait 'til next year

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Last edited:
Where did you lose it? Do you need help finding it? I think that all the great things that you did in Sayville had something to do with it. I lost 5 lbs as I alway do at a comp.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Not for sure how many contest we did this year but we did have a strech of 6 in a row and then 1 weekend off and then another strech of 6...Not burnt out on the contest at all, maybe all the bbq we have to turn in and taste, but have had a few weekends off and now have started counting down to the next one...5 months and counting, but what I have been told is there is nothing wrong with practice..It's no longer fun if you get tired of doing it.

Back