Applebee's ribs, LOL, to good to not share!

I agree. Cold meat should develop a better smoke ring than warmer meat, all other things equal. A smoke ring forms until the meat is at 140* internal, so putting it on cold will allow it stay below 140* longer.

I put stuff in cold as I can have it without it being frozen I get a really defined smoke ring that way.

I bet them applebee's ribs have a real nice liquid smoke ring going for them.

I agree. Not everybody has the same tastes. I'm 33 years old and have three cousins that are roughly my age. We're all from the "south" and they cannot stand ribs "smoked". They do not like the "smoke" flavor. They've been this way their entire life. When we used to have "bbq's" at their house when I was growing up my aunt (their mom) would cook the ribs in the oven, pull them, put bbq sauce on them and back in the over for the last ten minutes then serve. They absolutely loved them. What do you say? :confused:

they had oversmoked ribs.

To be authentic you have to sneeze, spit on, or drop on floor somewhere in the process. So glad they didn't try and pull a fast one and try and tell you to wash your hands after a restroom trip.

You would be surprised at how many people prefer them this way.

I think that's just a Detroit thing Deni... :lol: GOOD BBQ restaurants (yours excluded... you're the real deal) are too few and far between here for people to know better. Which seems odd, given the high amount of southerners that came up here to work in the factories years ago.

Now that video was funny. I wonder if he knows he is being funny? Shut up dog!!!!

I would just like to say that I work at applebees, and we do not boil our ribs, they suck, are not bbq, and I would not eat them if given for free... but we do not boil them. just adding what I can

Why is it when I close my eyes and listen to that guy in the video an image of foghorn leghorn pops in my head.:rolleyes:

:biggrin:

This thread took my on a hour diversion to JB on youtube.

Here's a quality drunken rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JitK0D0t2A
Gotta watch it for a good laugh, but at 2:30 it killed me!

...sittin' around drinkin' pops with foam on top and other adult vegetables... ah hem... other adult beverages...

they actually sear them on the grill, then steam them, then re-heat them on the grill when ordered... kinda boiled, but not actually in the water... but alot of guys use water in their smokers that also steams the meat so I dunno... still not good though

...There's no accounting for taste. Some people even drink light beer and will swear to you that it tastes good... Go figure.

DSC03107a.jpg

Hey there's Lite beer in my fridge..... Right next to 63 pounds of brisket. :biggrin:​

Gotta wonder just how many "adult vegetables" old JB consumes prior to turning on the camera,,,

My favorite quote "That'll light the sh!t outta it real fast", my kinda guy right there!

Baby Back Ribs like Applebee's®

Serves: 2-4

Prep. Time: 1:15​

3 lbs. pork baby back ribs - cut in 2-4 sections
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 Tbls. dark brown sugar
3 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. liquid smoke (see Notes below)
1/2 tsp. salt​

-Place ribs in a large pot and fill pot with enough water to cover ribs.
-Bring water to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour, or until ribs are fork tender.
-While ribs are boiling, combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
-Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring often, for 30 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
-Place boiled ribs, meat side down, on a broiler pan.
-Brush with half the sauce mixture and broil 4"-5" from heat for 6-7 minutes.

-Turn ribs over, brush with remaining sauce, and broil additional 6-7 minutes, or until edges are slightly charred.​

Bubba's secret is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back