Apple, cherry and pecan wood chunks source

Just ordered a bag each of pecan, cherry, apple chunks last week. Excellent operation - my wood was at the store in less than a week. I was notified by email when it reached the store. No shipping and the hardware store was <10mins away! doitbest.com rocks!

I'm in the northwest corner of GA and would like to get my hands on some peach wood. Does anyone know of any good sources up in this part of the state?

Just find some orchards and chech with the farmer. They prune the trees every year and every 5-7 years bull doze out the old trees to plant new ones. I've swapped 5lbs of pulled pork for all the fruit wood I can haul many times.

I have been wanting to get my hands on some Royal Oak charcoal, but the stores around here only sell Kingsford and Cowboy Brands. Thanks for finding this out. My dream will now come true!!!

I just saw some cowboy hickory wood chunks at lowes...are those any good?

I just saw some cowboy hickory wood chunks at lowes...are those any good?
Yep, and I believe most or all of it is shaggy bark hickory, which is supposed to be the best hickory for smokewood.

I've ordered the cherry and was really pleased. I can get apple and peach from a local orchard, but the cherry is a little different flavor and definately will put additional color to a slab of ribs.

I plan on putting the R.O. chef's select briquettes in the next order. Not much on here about those, but nothing bad.

My source of apple, cherry, and pecan come from people I know. They have trees they want down and I have a saw.

wow 1.4 miles from me..i had no idea..free store to store thanks for the link

Just picked up mine from Karp's hardware in Northport NY through the DoitBest web site. Great stuff, great service. I'll be seeing these guys again. Thanks for the original tip guys!

Back