Apparently, The South Doesn't Know Jack About BBQ/Brethren Insult

Mike, you DID NOT say Kentucky bourbon did you?!?!?!

Would have thought that you would at least drink some of our product from here in Lynchburg. We didn't convert you?:lol:

Phillip

you know me, i was very easily converted. Maybe when a bourbon company starts producing a great BBQ contest, I might drink some.

Ah... Now you are making me thirsty...

When I was coming home from Gallatin. I stopped off at the store to purchase some for tyhe long winter that we have up north... I felt like I had reached nirvana, when I saw all of it on the shelf. Only thing better would of been if they had the moon pies and RC cola all inthe same spot with Jack... Now that would of been a picture!!!

How's that Geo? I never even mentioned it!!! So does that count??!!!

Jorge,

I can't say anything . . . I've got a Sundrop here on my desk as we "speak". Gotta have it!

Phillip

Oh sure.. Just rub it in that I don't have any work. I have about 20 cases at home... Little good that is doing me now...

wow... just... wow. i can't even think of anything coherent to say.

thanks for the kind words you guys. We still brought that trophy home with us.
I was thinking it was toungue in cheek, and I am the one that cuts the MOST slack, but DAMN... I even had a Sundrop with my Sunday dinner special at the Iron Kettle before we hit the road...JACK.

makes me wanna go ...

HI DEE HO!!!! and BAAHHHHH BE QUE !!!!!

I bet Sully's 'call' hits the cutting room floor too. But, hey, it's all good and we've got pictures to prove it.

p.s. I hope Gary doesn't see this... he'll start posting and then we're ALL in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, you DID NOT say Kentucky bourbon did you?!?!?!

Would have thought that you would at least drink some of our product from here in Lynchburg. We didn't convert you?:lol:

Phillip

Did I say Kentucky Bourbon.:eek: I meant fine Tennessee Whiskey!!:biggrin:

I understand this dude completely. I mean how would we feel is someone from say Mississippi came to NY and won a pizza or bagel cooking contest? Or how about a team from Louisiana that won a lobstah roll contest?

and having competed against some of those Mass teams for a while now, I think you guys should just sit back and gloat a little seems to me you hit a nerve

and just to show the depth of his knowledge, while the SEC may not be known for soccer, there sure are some southern powerhouses both men and women in the ACC.

Uh oh! I hope this feller didn't get you Yankees too riled up again - the last time y'all came down South to show us how to barbecue Atlanta done burned up!

(It's a joking piece folks. Don't get all lathered up.)

Send that corksucker up here for a week.I will cuff him to Billy:eek: then send his nasty lil arse back to his mama see how how he likes us northern boys Que then.

You guys are all mad I am from south dakota I am pissed. END OF STORY. forgive me but I have not read all the posts here just the few in the first page. I am pissed. all of us northern, western, north eastern, WTF. Rib boiling .

Guffaw, guffaw, guffaw! What a great blog. I personally think that BBQ is for everybody and from everywhere. In fact I have BBQ'd on 3 continents and it all tasted good. As for the battle over which type is best. All I have to say is that there ain't no best, but there is a lot of really good 'Q wherever the pit master takes pride in the product. In fact I like to try different types of BBQ just for fun because it "enlarges my mind." *

I would only recommend sending this guy a reply only if you can match his tongue in cheek.

* Joseph Conrad from The Heart of Darkness.

Fark that guy. I'm proud to say that a fuzzy blue hat wearing farker from Lon Gisland taught me how to Q. Who wouldve thunk it.

Back