APB on a Missing Pig - REWARD OFFERED

That sucks, I feel their pain. I had a 1st place JD banner stolen late last year while I was at the cook's meeting. Also had local jackasses steal beer/cooked meat out of my cooler on a Saturday night. M-f'ers.

That just sux....i just got nothing but bad vibes from that comp in NKC....i had a blast but the comp was poorly organized....and they stole you pig that would just piss me off...what is the point in stealing someone's wood carved pig? bunch of a$%holes if you ask me

Sounds more like a kidnapping to me....I bet it finds it way home.

Let's hope so. Maybe dressed in women's clothing or some such thing. :heh:

Frankly I'm surprised more theft does not happen at contests. Security is low and opportunity is high.

Last edited:
That sucks. Let them try to take something from me. Most comps my tent is filled with 5-0.

I hope you get it back.

Had to be a local. No way a competitor would do that. I mean think about it: This is too small a world for someone to take something like that. It would be like stealing the Mona Lisa: What would you do with it? It's not like you could display it or anything.

Yep. I'm convinced. Had to be a local. :mad:

That sucks, I feel their pain. I had a 1st place JD banner stolen late last year while I was at the cook's meeting. Also had local jackasses steal beer/cooked meat out of my cooler on a Saturday night. M-f'ers.

Damn... That's unacceptable. :tsk:

This does suck. I have my first pro cookoff coming up in Slidell LA, and I just realized that our cook site is surrounded by bars.

I guess Mr. Springfield and I will be staying up all night.

Do you honestly think it could have been a fellow competitor?
Undoubtedly it was a local drunk.
And for goodness sake, why would you not be putting that kind of thing away and out of site when your not right there?
Out of site, out of mind.
Sorry for your loss though.

@thenewguy: Not my pig. But, your reply seems a bit harsh, and I never said I thought another competitor took it. They've been able to leave that pig out at countless other contests. Am I to assume you're the type that says it's not the criminal's fault because it was left out to be stolen???? Seriously?

Back