Anyone rock a veggie garden?? (pics)

Hopefully this will work on this link. This is my garden from last year, started with two 4x8 plots a few years back and keep building using wood I collect at work that is being thrown out. We have stables on the base where I work so I use straight compost that has been sitting for a few years, like gold. I have also got a good size plot at work for the whole office to use, I take a little spot and leave the rest for everyone else, compost for that one too.

https://picasaweb.google.com/davet54/Garden2010#

We will be picking tomatoes soon
They just started to turn

DAYUM!!!!
Here I've been thinking we're out of the frost danger and just heard about a farkin chance of snow on Saturday!

Can you grow all year round there in CA Thom?

Here's my gardening beds. This first pic is of the ones I built and planted in last year. They're each about 15' long by 4' wide. Planning on putting 1 or 2 more narrow ones between these 3 yet this spring for things like pole beans, peas, etc.
IMG_1915.jpg

And here's the two I just built on Sunday. They're both approx 20' long and 3' wide.
IMG_1916.jpg

And here's a wide shot of all of them. As you can see, without taking up yard space I have to try and utilize the edge of the woods. At least this slope is south facing, so it all gets plenty of good sun, and it's all out of the dogs' reach (invisible fence mod:heh:).
IMG_1917.jpg

Good luck on everyone's garden this year!
I think it would be KILLER to keep this thread going throughout the season as everyone's stuff starts growing up!!!!:thumb:

My garden is doing well. I have Okra, radishes, jalapeños, banana peppers, squash, zucchini, maters, beans, cucumbers, strawberries, and carrots.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302965806.610580.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302965806.610580.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 29
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302965871.155285.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302965871.155285.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 29
Those are some great looking gardens. I havent done one for a few years. I got tired of all the rats, moles , rattlesnakesand all other varmits that desend upon my garden like the plauge. We had chickens at the same time and I think thats what caused most of the problem.

Back