THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

motley que

is one Smokin' Farker
I saw some directions on the web for a smoke house. it seems to be for making jerky and some other stuff. anyone do butts, brisket or chicken in one of these? is it worth building one?

I would think that to build a dedicated smokehouse you would have to need to use it a LOT!! most of us just buy or build a bigger smoker.

My grandparents had one when I was a kid.....its for cold smoking and curing and for a massive amount of meat......3-4 hogs at one time

jpw23 is right. A smoke house is for cold smoking and curing. It's not for what we would normally do with a butt or brisket or chicken.

One of my neighbors has a brick smokehouse. He is an imigrant from eastern Europe. It is for cold smoking and curing. He does a lot of sausages.

Back