Any Y'all's Tried This Hatch Chile Seasoning

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
A Sam's limited time offering. Reading reviews that are as expected. To salty, to sugary, perfect, too much heat, no heat etc etc

I was thinking getting a bottle, dumping a quarter or third and adding green chile powder. Kick that Chile Ingredient up to #1 or 2 instead of 5-6.

Shall ponder

Last edited:
The label also says Certified Hatch Green Chile on one side.
Hatch is a region not a varietal

Last edited:
Hatch may not be an official varietal but it's certainly acknowledged to be unique and "special".

I don't understand why anyone would make sugar the second ingredient in a pepper based seasoning...But that's just me, I guess.

By the way, when does the Hatch harvest begin? Should be soon. I've already picked a few chiles from my garden and that's never happened before the NuMex harvest.

Hatch chili season starts in August. Sometimes July if the Spring weather was favorable. Put your orders in now.

Don't know what they were originally called in Mexico, but chili seeds were brought from Mexico to Calif. and were called Anaheim chilies there.
Eventually they ended up in NM.
Due to soil and climate, they are different from their ancestor the Anaheim Chili.
Called Hatch Chilies because they are grown in the area around Hatch, NM.

Back