Any one have a favorite off the shelf bbq sauce?

Motojoe

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
There are a lot of brands out there and just looking for a great off the shelf sauce for some ribs that i'm doing this weekend.
Thanks

A lot out there to choose from in the store...

I buy on sale and mix with homemade sauce for layers of flavor.

I use or mix with these...

1) Stubbs (thinner not sticky sweet)

2) Sweet Baby Ray's Several Varieties

3) Razorback Mild http://www.rivercityspice.com/bbqsauce.html $11.00 a Gallon I use this for Events and parties as a time and labor saver.

I like Sweet Baby Ray's and Bone Suckin' Sauce. I also tried the Bullzeye Regional sauces and thought them to be pretty good. More interesting than the SBR or BSS actually.

My family is big fans of Blues Hogs that we can buy locally at Food City stores.

I prefer something more vinegar based, but THEY like the sweet stuff.

Scott's!

picture.php

I get sweet baby rays with honey.

I also get a gallon of sauce from Butch's Smack your lips BBQ every year at the NJ state BBQ championship. I think he charges me around $20 for the gallon bottle.

Chris

Recently got turned on to Head Country but haven't tried it on ribs yet. Sweet Baby Ray's was my standard until I found Head Country. Sam's sells it by the gallon. Some Walmarts have regular sized bottles.

Too many to list, but I like many for many different reasons. A few I like currently are LC's, Zarda, Cowtown (Ok. Joes), Sweet Baby Rays and Stubbs.

I probably have 10 different bottles of sauces from Dreamland (haven't tried it yet), Big Dutts (scored it for $.99), Longhorn, etc. I have a lot.

I also have about 5 or 6 bottles of sauces I've made that I've been experimenting with in my fridge too.

1. Foy's - vinegar based
2. Sticky fingers - any of them. all sweet or sweet-hot.

they all good, yall..

Many commercial sauces don't contain real sugar. I prefer sauces that do. Stubbs, Head Country are my favorites. All sugar, no HFCS.

Read the labels for sugar and sodium content. SBR is HFCS based, so I try to avoid, even though it tastes good.

Back