THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DaveMW

is Blowin Smoke!
I would like an island/grill cart that can stay outside. I don't want to throw $300+ dollars at this project but I would like more work surface around my cookers (Weber Kettle, gasser & smoker). I won't be using it for prep but I am tired of the lack of space to set stuff while cooking. Here is what I am looking for: Homemade (or inexpensive), able to be left out outside (bonus points if it is a size that a grill cover can be purchased to fit over to protect), mobile (on wheels but I can figure that out), NO sink, extra burners etc. I am looking for two major things: Storage of grill accessories (grill wok, tongs, kabob baskets etc) and space to set larger platters, basters, grill tools, wood chips and the like. Any idea, plans and/or photos would be greatly appreciated. This is for home use only. Thoughts?

here's mine
thecart.jpg

I had some leftover time and decided to use that for the surface but having a space for a removable cutting board or an aluminum stainless top would probably be more utilitarian. Mine is 4' long and 18" deep so I can slide it in the garage with a car parked in there still but it is made out of treated and polyurethaned coated 1x4's so it should hold up to some weather anyway.

Weber Utility cart

IMG_2857.jpg

100_1564.jpg

Weber Whatzit Dual burner cart

100_3013.jpg

Metro carts work great too!

100_2129.jpg

100_2128.jpg

100_3292.jpg

100_3237.jpg

Or check out the Naked Whiz Table Gallery for more inspiration!

Back