Any 24 x 36 Shirley Patio Cons?

Thanks everyone so far for the responses. Next question, are they easily transported? If I wanted to take it to a competition or to the church and do a big cook would it be difficult? I've wondered if a trailer model would be needed as well as the pros and cons of trailer models. Or is it a waste of money and just buy a cargo trailer and load it up on the trailer? Thanks again y'all rock!

Weighs approx. 800#
Has a good set of wheels under it.
A small utility trailer with a ramp would be adequate

Attachments

• 08DE8C37-9FB3-4720-907D-4E4A5637C86E.jpg
    08DE8C37-9FB3-4720-907D-4E4A5637C86E.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Thanks everyone so far for the responses. Next question, are they easily transported? If I wanted to take it to a competition or to the church and do a big cook would it be difficult? I've wondered if a trailer model would be needed as well as the pros and cons of trailer models. Or is it a waste of money and just buy a cargo trailer and load it up on the trailer? Thanks again y'all rock!

If not on level ground it's hard to move around. This is my only complaint and why I may be selling mine. This is the fault of my yard and home design and not Shirley. I wanted my backyard pit to be portable for the same reasons you mentioned, but for me it is not. To get it off the concrete slab I had installed and out my gate onto a trailer it requires me to call a friend as it's too heavy for my wife to help. I have been to the home of another 24x36 owner and theirs is easily moved around as they have a more level yard and a wider gate.

Weighs approx. 800#
Has a good set of wheels under it.
A small utility trailer with a ramp would be adequate

^^This^^ Will take a couple people to load it up. Great set of wheels and easily moved around on the ground by 1 person.

I have zero regrets with my purchase/delivery last November. Just wish I had more time to use it! Was really wanting the LSG mini but after reading all the 5 star reviews of the Shirley decided to go this direction--plus saved a lot of meat money with the 24x36 over the Mini (especially with all the options to be added to the Mini). Really enjoy tending the fire and I'm not one who couldn't resist to keep checking on an IVC all the time anyway!

Good luck with your decision!

Back