Antelope back strap

bowhnter

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
This was supposed to be with pasta, but called an audible for the throw down.

My SIL shot an antelope in NM a couple weeks back and gave us some cuts including this back strap.

Seasoned with kosher salt and black pepper

Grilled up some romaine heats, asparagus tips and crusty bread on the genesis and W26

Added a bit of ground Montreal and on to the W26

Added some tomatoes and red onion and called it a meal.

YES SIR!!! How does antelope compare to venison?

Ya know, this is the first time (besides the antelope burger chili) I have had it, but I actually like it a bit better. It’s pretty similar though.

you had me at ...backstrap :-D nicely done! What other ideas for the antelope did you consider? Anything you might make with deer?

Antelope is THE BEST wild game I’ve ever eaten. It was Colorado antelope wrapped in bacon. Had it a few times and still my fave. Elk close second and deer 3rd…the all the other stuff like javelina, mountain lion, bear etc…

THAT looks amazing Mike.

you had me at ...backstrap :-D nicely done! What other ideas for the antelope did you consider? Anything you might make with deer?

We had some burger, it was great as well, and made chili with it.
I have some fajita meat that will be next up to try.
I also cooked a roast a few weeks ago, good, but not as good as the back strap. but basically same cuts as venison.
He only lives 4 houses up the road, and I know the code to the garage :biggrin1:

Always wanted to try javelina. Daughter used to live out there, bunch of friends live out there. But not a one of them hunts.

Not to derail and keep short; skin, remove glands in rear, thoroughly remove silver skin, grind. Some of the best shallow fried street tacos and burgers I’ve had.

Doesn't get any better than that! Fantastic meal Mike!!
Congrats to your SIL on the successful hunt!

Back