Another Shirley finds a home

Fat Cap

Full Fledged Farker
On Tuesday night my 2 sons, my 2 buddies and I got in my Expedition and began our 2796 mile round trip to meet Paul Shirley and see what he and his crew made for me. We arrived in Tuscaloosa at about 11 pm after almost24 hours of driving. We woke up and headed to Paul's at about 9. My cooker (30X90 Custom deluxe with cabinet doors and a stainless shelf) was out front awaiting our arrival. Paul, Tyler and Cody were out there too. First thing Paul does is walk up to the truck and ask How was the trip"? and shakes my hand thru the window. He instructs me to pull around and hook up. I got out and was greeted by another handshake and a hug. Good people. We talked for a few minutes and I handed him an envelope with my final payment. He just stuffed it into his pocket unceremoniously and we went on talking. He gave us a tour of "where the magic happens" and gave me big bag of rub to try out. We talked a little more then walked back to the truck to begin our trip home. Another handshake and hug and we were on our way (an hour and a half after arriving). It felt like a few minutes. On our trip home Paul called everyday to check in. Made it home after 2 1/2 days of hitting BBQ Joints (that's a different post). Fired up the cooker for a 4 hour seasoning and then just let her run adding 6 Pork butts, 2 briskets, 8 rack of ribs, 20# of chicken wings and 80 (yes 80) bacon wrapped stuffed Jalapenos. Took a few pictures but got busy and tired dealing with 35 degree weather including a 24 hour rainstorm that threw me a curveball. The smoker was awesome! Held temp like a champ with about a 5 - 10 degree variance from side to side. Fed about 60 people and sent everyone home with some food. Everyone raved.

Thanks Paul Shirley! A true American businessman! Business on a handshake and belief that you say what you mean and do what you say. I am honored to finally call myself part of the Shirley Fabrication Family!

Many more fun times and photos to come!

Attachments

• IMG952271.jpg
    IMG952271.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG957453.jpg
    IMG957453.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG958608.jpg
    IMG958608.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 373
  • 20150425_134336[1].jpg
    20150425_134336[1].jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 373
  • 20150425_211935[1].jpg
    20150425_211935[1].jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 376
Congratulations, that thing is a monster. I never get tired of looking at the Shirley builds, frustrated that one isn't mine, but never tired of looking at quality work.

There are fabricators and there are fabricator craftsmen. A fabricator can make functional equipment and craftsmen take it to another level. The Shirley team are real craftsmen. You have a work of art there :thumb:

Great looking pit! I love how he's layed out the shelf and all that storage space. Real nice. Paul and Tyler are top notch guys. Welcome to the family!

Back