Another round of rate my box

[Mod Note: Methinks that was just some friendly BSing between friends there, fishboys. I thought of pulling your two comments, but I didn't want Jacked Up to be classified as an arse without some explanation. ;) ]

Ah! Now that makes perfect sense! If those are "craptastic" and worthy of 5's I don't think I'd be posting pictures of my chicken in the future :becky:. Now excuse me while I take my place at the back of the bus.

Looks like tasty BBQ, and the color is very good, but for competition presentation...you've already mentioned some of the issues. Not trimmed carefully enough and parsley is rough. Additionally, all the pieces are not going in same direction, the right center piece is a little small. A little uneven on the sauce, especially the left side center piece, black spots (and a couple of white ones?) not very pretty.
Appearance: 7

Ah! Now that makes perfect sense! If those are "craptastic" and worthy of 5's I don't think I'd be posting pictures of my chicken in the future :becky:. Now excuse me while I take my place at the back of the bus.
:behindsofa: funny ^^^ comments

The chicken looks really good. I'd give it at least an 8 leaning towards a 9. I would attribute the smudge to the table captain or the trip to the turn table.

Looks like tasty BBQ, and the color is very good, but for competition presentation...you've already mentioned some of the issues. Not trimmed carefully enough and parsley is rough. Additionally, all the pieces are not going in same direction, the right center piece is a little small. A little uneven on the sauce, especially the left side center piece, black spots (and a couple of white ones?) not very pretty.
Appearance: 7

Would you really pick all that up in the 5-10 seconds you get to look at the box? (I'm not judge yet and I really want to know.)

Would you really pick all that up in the 5-10 seconds you get to look at the box? (I'm not judge yet and I really want to know.)

As an experienced competition cook, I find it very easy to look at an entry and in a very short amount of time see the things that are appealing, the things that are not and to be able to articulate the reasons why.

I don't find it at all surprising that an experienced judge would be able to make the same kind of distinctions just as quickly.

As CBJ's , we are taught not to judge the greens. The greens can help improve the score for apperance. A "putting green" is very nice and may help improve the score by making the meat look more appealing.Your son did a nice job and I would not cut the score for not being "Perfect". As for the meat, I would say an 8 is a fair score.:clap2:

Back