Another Rib Question?

This thread has been,in the immortal words of Arte Johnson, "verrrrrrry interesting".

This may be crossing the line into "Secret" stuff, but do any of you experienced competative cookers have a good estimate on how long your BBRs and Spares will cook at competition that you are willing to share. I know a lot could change while you are out there and you might have to adjust but I'm sure you get your ribs on the smoke at the same time every competition for a 12:30 turn it. What you do with it from there I know can change. Any suggestions..

With a 12:30 turn-in the St. Louis cut spare ribs would go in a ready-to-go cooker (no waiting on the fire, etc) NLT 7:00am. That allows me lots of time for variables.

Loinback ribs - NLT 8 a.m.

sigmasmokers said:
This may be crossing the line into "Secret" stuff, but do any of you experienced competative cookers have a good estimate on how long your BBRs and Spares will cook at competition that you are willing to share. I know a lot could change while you are out there and you might have to adjust but I'm sure you get your ribs on the smoke at the same time every competition for a 12:30 turn it. What you do with it from there I know can change. Any suggestions..

We don't have no stinkin' "secret stuff" around here. For that all you have to do is take a class from someone like Paul Kirk.

Back