THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kitchgator

Name or Nickame
John
So my boss comes to me and says "we want to get you a gift for 9 yrs of service. What is something you would love, but wouldn't buy for yourself?" First thing I say is, what's the budget of course? He says $5k. So long story short, I maxed his budget out with a LSG 30" VO Cabinet with 1/2"FB, Warming Oven, Offroad Pkg, SS Table, and more.

Fortunately for me, the waiting will be the hardest part. I am super pumped to have the opportunity to cook on a machine like this. The best part of my opportunity is that there is no way in h+ll that I could justify spending that much of my own money on a smoker to my wife. I am sure many of you guys have have run up against that and obviously were able to deal with it better than I could. I really have to thank my company for the generosity

Dang, now that is an employer that values his employee. Congratulations!

I know guys, I am very lucky and dont see myself going anywhere else. I look forward to sharing my learning experiences with this smoker like so many of you have done for me. I started on my BGE and recently got into stick burning on a bandera. Can't wait to up my game.

Good bosses know how to retain good talent. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I retired with almost 26 years of service and I got a clock and a couple of wooden boxes. Of coarse I worked for the federal Gov't so I didn't expect anything more.

Congratulations on a great gift.

Back