THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got 4 today. All around 8-11 pounds. They’re either killing them young or these are midget cows.

That's the size I prefer. Didn't see any small ones at my local Kroger so I had to settle for 16 lbs one. Can't complain for $1.99 /lb.

I decided that the Kroger mentioned above was about 30 minutes away, given it's location, traffic lights, etc., so I just picked up a couple at a store closer to me. The one nearest my house had one in the counter and I saw a guy looking it over before he finally picked it up. No more in the back:mad:
Off to another Kroger (fortunately, I have 3 stores within 3 miles). They had 3 in the counter, 2 in the 12 lb. range, another with a broken vacuum seal, so I asked if they had more, and I was rewarded with 2 in the 16 lb. range, and nice, thick flats. I may cook one next weekend and freeze the other for another time.

Attachments

• IMG_20210313_093448105.jpg
    IMG_20210313_093448105.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 57
I picked up 2 more today being the last day of the sale and with the 2 in the freezers and the 19lb'er i cooked I scored 5 total. Had to make one more run today and the one Kroger I went to had a lot and a couple nice ones in the 15/lb range.
ymK9vXVl.jpg

WO169CJl.jpg

FZhr3Wvl.jpg

Here's some picks of the one I did on my pitboss Sunday.
70WPWdel.jpg

1ZbO6y2l.jpg

yjQ6eGrl.jpg

f4ai7oNl.jpg

o0Ye2Vml.jpg

I was in one Kroger today and they had a few in the case. The back of the package had a Certified Angus seal, and I wish I had grabbed one, but my wife wouldn't be quite as excited about it as me.

We picked up a 10 pounder that looked pretty good for $20 and some change. Trying to decide which cooker it will wind up on...

Last edited:
Back