Another Hoisin Concoction Injected Brisket & Other Stuff

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Done a few injections on briskets that had hoisin along with other stuff in it and doing another one tomorrow. Haven't done a hoisin injection in a while so grabbed it along with other random spices. Wanted to give sage a go in this injection and some celery salt.

This choice brisket has been wet aging for about a month.
Ml9AM8Il.jpg

ykYBCqcl.jpg

GsuOLqHl.jpg

QYF3EAtl.jpg

LacP7Hsl.jpg

9BiWo42l.jpg

So into the fridge tonight and probably start cooking around 9-10am tomorrow on the Hunsaker. I'll throw on some ribs and probably something else tomorrow as well. Weather has been oddly cool the last few days almost feeling like fall which is uncommon. So should be a nice day with some family/friends coming over. Hopefully everyone in FL is staying safe and will be interesting to see what we get in Atlanta and Georgia in general around Mon/Tues.

I'm thinking this will remind me of the brisket that I put in my phở...

sounds interesting, will the Hoisin burn?

Got it on the smoker about 8:45. Crazy nice out right now as it's in the 60s and no humidity :crazy:.

Fired up
ApXzo9Bl.jpg

Brisket out of the fridge
tYOMh0Nl.jpg

Up to temp in about 15mins with the weed burner :clap2:. Though weber cubes has me cooking in about 45
OuaJiKRl.jpg

Rubbed
3MbrGWNl.jpg

On
MBwzfaTl.jpg

Ribs to go on later. Might finish the brisket in the oven depending on my mood when I wrap :-D

Been contemplating getting a weed burner to start the Drum, 15min is pretty impressive. Gotta love how accurate the Tel Tru is, I purchased a Smoke last Jan during a 15% sale and it's still new in the box.

Dipped into the mid 60's with low humidity down here are couple of days mid week, made it nice for running and biking in the morning, looking forward to more cold fronts coming through soon, plus they'll lower the Gulf water temps so we can quit worrying about freakin Hurricanes until next year.

Brisket was about 90mins in here
P2A9IuRl.jpg

Trimmed up some ribs for an event next weekend. Got two 3 packs from Costco which I haven't bought ribs from in a while since I normally get them from RD, but was there and figured why not. They are looked great. I'll use the other 2 racks plus the trimmings from the other 4 for later :-D
rzXzUMtl.jpg

j8AmGxHl.jpg

Brisket now wrapped up and into a pan and into the oven to finish
aGOawIkl.jpg

A6SLl5Kl.jpg

htXsl8gl.jpg

Little leftover snack from some wings we had a few nights ago and some pimento cheese I made yesterday that I am also very excited to put on the brisket :-D
RnsV25Al.jpg

4fzKqM5l.jpg

Love some fall Sam Adams beers (don't worry got some Icehouse Edge/steele reserve on backup :mrgreen:)
Ac8qsdyl.jpg

Put ribs on and the rib trimmings will go on shortly
A5g5QWIl.jpg

You always have such creative ideas, I really enjoy your threads and the experimenting they inspire! Especially when you start drinking heavily mid-cook, bwahahaahaa!

So after a long delay here's the rest. Ran a few errands today and did a few tiny last things to get ready for weather (must less drastic than FL) tomorrow. It was all good. Brisket had great flavor and I like playing with the hoisin. Good bark on the brisket, though I'm not a bark fiend. All was great.
807vAvZl.jpg

0tL8VBIl.jpg

LNt2Gpdl.jpg

LyIvMOrl.jpg

R9JGVjEl.jpg

XE0Shrol.jpg

iy61f1ll.jpg

UvkeEYTl.jpg

uvmxjGUl.jpg

XSfpgvzl.jpg

hRktrG6l.jpg

wnWyX1sl.jpg

fbKorw5l.jpg

Xuv7GBnl.jpg

GHsojyul.jpg

And I ordered on of those T-Rex costumes off Amazon because they are awesome :-D

Back