Annual Northern Illinois Brethren Mid Winter Gathering!! January 29th, 2012!!

I should be available. Uncle Bub's was nice. It was nice having sort of a whole room where we could get up and move around and change seats, etc. But I'm willing to drive where ever.

It would be nice to have to plan around the Bears, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

I'll be in SD the week before. If I don't have a class, I' should be able to make it.

Thanks

I'm certainly good with Bub's, really close (although not as close as it is to Scottie), but having that side room makes it convenient also! We did D&B's the one year, but it was noisy, and hard to hear the other brethren. Thier Brunswick stew was pretty great last time!

Can anyone help me confirm that there is NO NFL playoffs on the 28/29th?

I don't think there are, but I keep coming up with 2010 post season when looking for the schedule for this year.

I think this is the correct schedule.

2012 Conference Championships
January 22nd, 2012

AFC Championship Game 2012

Game 1 AFC Winner 1 vs AFC Winner 2

NFC Championship Game 2012

Game 2 NFC Winner 1 vs NFC Winner 2

2012 Super Bowl XLVI
February 5th, 2012 – Super Bowl XLVI – Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana

I'm posting this here since I know abunch of you have subscribed to this thread. Matt, Flavor Gangsta on here and also cooks as School of Fire competition team is cooking along with Phil W. tonight at Kickers at 1015 Harvey Road in Oswego.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122330

BillM and I are planning on going. We'll both probably show up around 6. If any other Chicago area folks want to come out we can have an impromptu mini-bash!

We could be trendy and call it a pop-up bash. :p

I think we have a date!

Let's go with:

Sunday, January 29th, 11:30AM

Uncle Bub's BBQ
132 South Cass Avenue
Westmont, IL 60559
(630) 493-9000

Uncle Bub's has quite a few things going for it. Seperate room area is nice, but the easy access to I88 is key for me as I know we have at least 2 brothers from Iowa looking to come.

I'll have Ron edit the first post in a day or two with the details and current list of people coming.

Have a safe holiday to you and yours!!!

I can talk with Mark and Jay to have them set it all up. Family style or single orders?

I can talk with Mark and Jay to have them set it all up. Family style or single orders?

That would be awesome Scottie! Thanks!

Family style seemed to work last time, unless there are any objections?

I know Dann mentioned upthread (and others certainly remarked) that the brunswick stew was one of the best parts of the last gathering!

Not sure if that was special or is on the menu regularly.

Thanks again Scottie!

That would be awesome Scottie! Thanks!

Family style seemed to work last time, unless there are any objections? Yes please

I know Dann mentioned upthread (and others certainly remarked) that the brunswick stew was one of the best parts of the last gathering! This

Not sure if that was special or is on the menu regularly.

Thanks again Scottie!

Thanks

They always have Brunswick Stew. They make it 16 gallons at a time. Check out the video and you can see it being made. It starts at the 4:32 mark of the video....

Uncle Bubs BBQ - Episode 7 - Series Finale - YouTube

And for your viewing enjoyment. You can see me almost losing it on the Uncle Bub's Belly Bubster. Dann is in the background. Probably laughing at me. I'd like to see a Brethren step up and challenge it. It's easy... I'd just recommend bringing a bucket.... :becky:

Uncle Bub's BBQ Episode 6 Scottie vs Belly Bubster - YouTube

Woohoo! thanks, Bill!

Family Style worked out well last time and we had plenty of food, so that's my vote. I'll edit the first post and start a list. Please re-confirm that you are in for the 29th!

Back