Annual Northern Illinois Brethren Mid Winter Gathering, 2014 Edition!!! Place, Time and Date Confirmed!!!

I'm might have to take a pass this year. If it's the 18th then i'm in otherwise count me out.

Scott

he went in with another partner at Firewater. I was down there for a soft opening to benefit tornado victims in Washington awhile back . I posted an invite for it on here at his request but didnt get much response.
cant really comment on the SmokeRingz question..dont know what the story is there
I didn't know that he had a new place. Is he still involved with Smoke ringz?

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the PMs and responses here, guys! Thanks to some help from billm I should have info from Real Urban BBQ in Vernon Hills and Big Ed's later this afternoon. It looks like both of them have room for us on the 18th.

Watch this space :-D

Thanks for all of the PMs and responses here, guys! Thanks to some help from billm I should have info from Real Urban BBQ in Vernon Hills and Big Ed's later this afternoon. It looks like both of them have room for us on the 18th.

Watch this space :-D

18th is good...11th is a challenge...hope I can make it!

I wish y'all going to have something closer to the quad cities area. Sounds like it will be a delicious event.

OK...

We have a date and place! There were too many people who can't make it on the 11th, so we can try Rub's another time, maybe over the summer.

I heard back from Real Urban a couple of days ago and finally got a response from Big Ed's today.

Based on comments here and the package and price that each quoted I have decided to go with Real Urban BBQ in Vernon Hills, IL on January 18th. I will confirm the time and update this thread with the details.

http://www.realurbanbbq.com/

Vernon Hills Town Center
1260 S. Milwaukee Avenue
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
847-613-1BBQ (1227)

Here is what we will be getting and the cost...

3 meat combo (comes w/2 sides)
fountain soda
mini cupcake

$16 per person

Beer and wine is available for purchase.

So... I need to give them a head count the week before, so please confirm that you are available and the number of people no later than Sunday, Jan 12th. The sooner the better.

Still in for 2.

Thanks for all the work in the background to make this happen!

By the way... There was someone riding a pickle on this year's Rose Bowl parade. Didn't get a close enough look to see if it was you. :laugh:

Back