Annual Holiday party at the ranch

big brother smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Annually, I do a personal chef gig/tree trimming party at my friend's ranch in Santa Ynez Vally. It actully is the second estate/ranch after Neverland Ranch:shock: (few miles up the mountain). Last year we did a more elegant theme with filet mignon, lobster tails, salmon crab cakes and lord only knows what else;
It was a sitdown affair!

This year they are requesting a more buffet style casual setting just to keep it interesting. We are thinking thus far more salmon/crab cakes, skewers with shrimp, lobster and jumbo scallops. We also spoke of doing a couple Boness Leg o Lambs.

Looking for more main course suggestions and side dish suggestions. It is for about 20 -30 ppl and money tends to not be an issue:twisted:.

Here is a link to the ranch http://www.figueroamountainfarmhouse.com/

lemon-rosemary lamb tenderloin, grilled pork belly, turducken, how about making different sausages one beef, one pork and one chicken? buffalo steaks of somekind, how about something totally different like veal cheeks or hog maws?

It all sounds good. Seafood always seems like so much work compared to a good steak. Mista's looked awesome. Cut them up just nice....
There is nothing like fresh pink meat to bite into.

I know it is not an expensive meal but those filleted(Sp?) stuffed loin looks festive.
italianstuffedporkloin.jpg

Don't know if you can adapt this to cook on your trailer but when I worked at an Elks Lodge Beef Wellington was always a hit around the holidays.

Annually, I do a personal chef gig/tree trimming party at my friend's ranch in Santa Ynez Vally. It actully is the second estate/ranch after Neverland Ranch:shock: (few miles up the mountain). Last year we did a more elegant theme with filet mignon, lobster tails, salmon crab cakes and lord only knows what else;
It was a sitdown affair!

This year they are requesting a more buffet style casual setting just to keep it interesting. We are thinking thus far more salmon/crab cakes, skewers with shrimp, lobster and jumbo scallops. We also spoke of doing a couple Boness Leg o Lambs.

Looking for more main course suggestions and side dish suggestions. It is for about 20 -30 ppl and money tends to not be an issue:twisted:.

Here is a link to the ranch http://www.figueroamountainfarmhouse.com/

Do you need help serving. I will work for food.:rolleyes::-D

I know it is not an expensive meal but those filleted(Sp?) stuffed loin looks festive.
italianstuffedporkloin.jpg

Okay Pat, I need the recipe. That looks so good.

That place looks cool!!! Since its a buffet why not go with a menu and theme that fit the place. Cowboy food

Soup

I think a nice steaming hot baked potatoe soup smoke some on the smoker for alittle of that hint of smoke garnish with fried bacon bits and chives, put it in a mug with a handle, or a cold cucumber soup.....if your having shrimp tomatoe cocktail soup with alittle horseradish for that back in the throught kick...

I think a nice steaming hot baked potatoe soup smoke some on the smoker for alittle of that hint of smoke garnish with fried bacon bits and chives, put it in a mug with a handle, or a cold cucumber soup.....if your having shrimp tomatoe cocktail soup with alittle horseradish for that back in the throught kick...

I am liking your suggestions!

Back