Announcing the BBQ Brethren "Summer of SPAM" Throwdown!

I think you will be the runaway favorite! Then again...that thing the colenel made is AMAZING!:becky:

SPAMjitas

I had planned to enter the fajita TD, had all the ingredients but we were tired Sunday so didn't get to. Oh well, I'd already made some pico de gallo (after a few days, it's even better) and guess what, not only did we have the flat iron maritated already...I had SPAM! So since I was gonna do the flat iron and have fajitas tonight anyway, why not throw some SPAM on too? So here we go. A red, yellow and orange bell pepper, onion and 3 jalapenos, sliced and marinated in EVOO with some fajita seasoning with NO SALT
Ingredients-3.jpg

Low sodium SPAM sliced and sprinkled with fajita seasoning with NO SALT!
NOSALTseasoning.jpg

SPAMslicedtogrill.jpg

Grilled the SPAM up hot and fast
GrilledSPAM.jpg

Guerry couldn't stop eating the finished, sliced SPAM
Sliced-9.jpg

The veggies on the grill
peppersjalapenosandonions.jpg

I built mine with low carb tortillas, Guerry's was regular. He was ready to eat so I didn't get many good pix. They were built using sliced avocado drizzled with fresh lime juice and salt, grilled veggies, pico de gallo, greek yogurt (didn't have sour cream), fresh shredded cheddar and of course grilled SPAM! Not too bad I must say!
plated-3.jpg

plated3.jpg

SPAMJITOS YUM! Surprisingly delicious!

With A Name Like That, How Could It Be Anything Less Than Wonderful?!!!

And you see I used N8plates for everything up to the actual plating...don't know why but it just stuck...paper plates = N8plate. Ha! Much easier clean up for me!:becky:

^^^^^^ Ahhhhhh! It posted again! It posted again! Oh NO! Now I've Posted it!

Suffice to say, we are the Knights who now say...SPAM.

This is an open invitation to join us in the weekly and sometimes forever Throwdowns! Come one, come all! Expand those horizons y'all!

Back