American Royal- new schedule???

We have never been out to the Royal, this will be our first. Like Sawdust said, we are used to cooking Sat, with Sun turn-ins in New England. That's why we're so grumpy on Monday mornin's. The only thing that change will affect with us is that we probably WON'T be cooking the Open. We are most likely gonna take off on Sunday to drive back home 1400+ miles.

QUESTION -
Does anyone know, what does it cost to get into the Invitational? We won a State Championship in NY in October, so we are invited, but is there an entry fee as well? I can't know.

I am really looking forward to getting out there and meeting up with all y'all. I'll be one of the few with that damn Boston accent and probably a Red Sox hat.

QUESTION -
Does anyone know, what does it cost to get into the Invitational? We won a State Championship in NY in October, so we are invited, but is there an entry fee as well? I can't know.

There is no entry fee for the Invitational.

If you dont cook the open you will need to break down and get out of there right after the awards.... they will sell your spot to a team that is cooking just the open....

We paid our entry before the deadline. We want the same location but double the space. Not only are we competeing in the BBQ we are competeing against all the the country and classic rock cover bands. We shall bring a new noise.
Stop by to see the show. muhahahahaha

Yeah, I am just cooking the invitational this year because of the change. It is hard for me to take Monday's off. I have a lot of reports and meetings on those days.

I look on the Royal website, it does not cost anything for the site to do the invitational, I think it says I have to be broken down before the awards ceremony. Then I guess I park my car and cooker outside the area and walk back. Seems kind of strange, but oh well.

Looking forward to it.

Back