American Royal moving?

I think they need to have BBQ Rig racing on the track. That would solve the attendance problem.

I'd stay of the track with Rod. With the history of axle and bearing issues, it could look like a scene from Spartacus.

One cushion the Royal has are the corporate parties. I don't know that location means that much to them, but could very well be wrong. That's who really drew the crowd on Friday night. Unless that $$ is reprogrammed the party will go on. Nobody shows up to watch a bunch of old fat guys, get relaxed, and burn meat.

Unless you are a Habitual Rock Star.

I really doubt there will be the outdoor party enthusiasm on the 4th week of October.

I'm curious how much space prices will increase this year along with the parking maps/turn-in schematics. I really have to consider if it's worth the trouble this year for a crapshoot anyway.

The party/reunion concept is really dimished for me that late in the year. Also you have to think about how much time off a few teams will have to take with the back to back with the Jack as well.

I don't want to hurt any feelings but, from a team standpoint, this wasn't very well thought out beginning with the move to Arrowhead and got worse from there.

I really doubt there will be the outdoor party enthusiasm on the 4th week of October.

I'm curious how much space prices will increase this year along with the parking maps/turn-in schematics. I really have to consider if it's worth the trouble this year for a crapshoot anyway.

The party/reunion concept is really dimished for me that late in the year. Also you have to think about how much time off a few teams will have to take with the back to back with the Jack as well.

I don't want to hurt any feelings but, from a team standpoint, this wasn't very well thought out beginning with the move to Arrowhead and got worse from there.

Even when it's cold the crowds still show up for the party at HLS&R. The time issue could go either way. For teams traveling further it might end up being a wash or a little better by making it one trip instead of two. It will be interesting to see what happens this year, and next.

It was near 80 degrees here on Thanksgiving last year so anything can happen weather wise. Its been cold the first week of October just as many times as it has been warm. I personally like the move, plenty of room and easy access. I think it will be a success.

It was near 80 degrees here on Thanksgiving last year so anything can happen weather wise. Its been cold the first week of October just as many times as it has been warm. I personally like the move, plenty of room and easy access. I think it will be a success.

I love the idea of the venue if all teams are on pavement and turn-in area isn't a 10 minute walk one way.

I went to Talladega and stayed in the infield for many years before BBQ, and I hope the track has water and wastewater service like Talladega does. This would make it much more enjoyable.

Once again, it wasn't a well thought out plan.

#don'ttakebbqteamsforgranted. Hahaha

The whole American Royal not just the Bbq comp has been in the news for several years, the old location in the west bottoms was very pleasing before the comp BBQ world became so large that they closed the streets and found it hard to contain the growth to be the "Largest" Bbq competition. But like said before they are looking for a replacement for the whole American Royal complex. and IF they really want to be the Largest Bbq comp, they don't want to compete for location with other sporting events. Logistics of the speedway make sense, if they can handle the nascar fan base and associated equipment this should be easy, compared to last years problems.

Back