Am I the only one?

Lots of great teams don't make it into the Jack each year.

I really like the idea of a contest at the same time, but it sure isn't losers.

How about "The No Jack Iowa Blues BBQ Contest" ?
Just an idea.

I want losers at my contest! I'm tiered of losing to better cooks than me. I'm even thinking of parting my pork and putting it back on the smoker just to get in the Jack. :)

Hey I cant prep my meat until one of you guys says its OK.

I'm up for it! But you cant participate Jeff, your team is too good. We want losers at this thing. :p

Hey can someone please check my meat in? I'm cooking the Jack tomorrow.

Where's the white and dark meat chicken? All meat here has been inspected and passed. Best weather ever at the Jack! Cool evenings and blue sky sunshine days. Tomorrow will be a record crowd.

Official Jack Meat Inspector (no, really)

Had way too much "fun" last night. The Brethren are definitely well represented here.

Where's the white and dark meat chicken? All meat here has been inspected and passed. Best weather ever at the Jack! Cool evenings and blue sky sunshine days. Tomorrow will be a record crowd.

Had way too much "fun" last night. The Brethren are definitely well represented here.

aw man!
no that's just downright MEAN!

but, seriously...best of luck!

At home and just walked by the smoker ... really pissed now!

Next year I'm hosting a "Loser's Bracket BBQ" contest the same time as the Jack. (pretty good odds I wont be in next year either) Most of the competition will be busy, increasing my chances of getting in the hat for 2012.
I'm gonna need 25 teams.
Diva Q can you talk to Crown Royal? Tell them I have a unique sponsorship for them.

Not a bad idea Doug. You'll need to look into it and see what you can come up with. Things like your qualification rules (no top 5 finishes), cook white and dark meat chicken but no chicken thighs.
I'm guess we would be there as well. Maybe you could call it "You ain't Jack BBQ contest"

You looked like you felt better than I expected, Friday morning:p Realized we never made a trip to the trunk of my car when I unpacked this morning. We'll figure something out.

You looked like you felt better than I expected, Friday morning:p Realized we never made a trip to the trunk of my car when I unpacked this morning. We'll figure something out.

Had no choice. Up at 5am and started meat inspection a little before 7am. First team was sitting by the fire waiting for me...
Great meeting you and a host of many others to numerous to list.
Good times with good folks!

I can mount the Casten Cup and we can compete for that as the prize. :thumb:

Of course there would need to be some money too. In fact, lots and lots of money. If it's losers you are looking for then prize money could be paid all the way to last place. That would be good for building self esteem!

Back