Am I really in denial?

Sometimes i wish i never got started. I cant separate the two, back yard and comp. i think i enjoyed backyard more than comp before

i kinda feel the same way. i used to cook for family and freinds, now i cook for practice and taste testing.

i've focused just on pizza on the grill lately.

This was my first year of comepting and our last comp was Aug 17th and I have lit a chimney of charcoal since than. I know I should be cooking but I just don't have the drive to make food for my family and friends anymore because I know I can just toss some racks on or a butt and leave it and relax, but I know I will chart temps and try different flavour profiles and it won't just be a relaxing cook on the weekend but a whole day of bbq.

its fun to get calls on your first comp. I got reserve in my first........its been a train wreck ever since. I dont compete anymore:sad:

@clayhill You are right. It sure is fun and I am sure I will feel differently if I compete next year and stop getting calls.

The itch to cook has really set during this work week. I don't have time this weekend but next weekend I plan on doing something - even if it is just a rack of ribs.

Back