THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Scott/Mongo
Last night's dinner and "It Came from the Sea" Throwdown Entry... First off, the players. Fresh (when I bought and froze it) Coho salmon and fresh ( when it was raised at the farm) Thai shrimp.
edit_preview.php

Seasoned with garlic, pepper, crab boil, creole seasoning and lemon herb.
edit_preview.php

Brushed with EVOO and seared on the grill for about 4 minutes per side.
edit_preview.php

Brushed with EVOO and on the same grill for about 90 seconds per side. Pic is a little fuzzy... :doh:
edit_preview.php

Plated with a twice baked spud, broccoli and a homemade shrimp, crab, wine, garlic and parmasan white sauce. I chopped up about twelve of the shrimp and added them to some Dungeness crab we had. My wife made up the white sauce so I didn't get a chance to get the cooking pics.
edit_preview.php

Up close and personal... :becky:
edit_preview.php

We actually drizzled quite a bit of the sauce on the salmon, shrimp, spud and broccoli when it came right down to it. I took another pic of what that looked like before eating it, but it looked more like a farkin gooey mess than an appetizing dish. :tsk: All in all it was very tasty and there isn't a whole lot left over for today's lunch. Guess I'll just have to whip up a Fast Food dish while I still have time... :becky:

BTW, we'd love to have more of the Brethren get involved in the Throwdowns. They are a ton of fun, a great way to make friends, and rumor has it you get some kind of certificate if you win one... :heh:

Thanks for looking!

Absolutely beautiful! I'd love to cook like that, but my lovely wife is allergic to seafood. :tsk: She can eat crab though, so maybe I should look into that - I've been doing crab ABT's and would like to go further with the crab thing.

Excellent work on the cook - I hope yer not after more zeros, 'cause it ain't gonna happen that way :clap2:

my lovely wife is allergic to seafood. :tsk: She can eat crab though, so maybe I should look into that - I've been doing crab ABT's and would like to go further with the crab thing.

That's too bad about your wife gtr... :doh: It's odd that she can eat crab but not other shellfish...? Oh well, crab ABT's are a great idea and crab stuffed shrooms are pretty tasty too! :becky:

That's too bad about your wife gtr... :doh: It's odd that she can eat crab but not other shellfish...? Oh well, crab ABT's are a great idea and crab stuffed shrooms are pretty tasty too! :becky:

Yeah, it's kinda odd. She can eat lobster, crab, squid, mussels, oysters, clams & scallops but no other kind of fish or seafood. Doesn't really follow the pattern of traditional seafood allergies. The crab stuffed shrooms are a beautiful thang - haven't done them in the smoker - gotta try that too! :thumb:

Back