Al's salmon and shrimp feast...

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Scott/Mongo
Last night's dinner and "It Came from the Sea" Throwdown Entry... First off, the players. Fresh (when I bought and froze it) Coho salmon and fresh ( when it was raised at the farm) Thai shrimp.
edit_preview.php

Seasoned with garlic, pepper, crab boil, creole seasoning and lemon herb.
edit_preview.php

Brushed with EVOO and seared on the grill for about 4 minutes per side.
edit_preview.php

Brushed with EVOO and on the same grill for about 90 seconds per side. Pic is a little fuzzy... :doh:
edit_preview.php

Plated with a twice baked spud, broccoli and a homemade shrimp, crab, wine, garlic and parmasan white sauce. I chopped up about twelve of the shrimp and added them to some Dungeness crab we had. My wife made up the white sauce so I didn't get a chance to get the cooking pics.
edit_preview.php

Up close and personal... :becky:
edit_preview.php

We actually drizzled quite a bit of the sauce on the salmon, shrimp, spud and broccoli when it came right down to it. I took another pic of what that looked like before eating it, but it looked more like a farkin gooey mess than an appetizing dish. :tsk: All in all it was very tasty and there isn't a whole lot left over for today's lunch. Guess I'll just have to whip up a Fast Food dish while I still have time... :becky:

BTW, we'd love to have more of the Brethren get involved in the Throwdowns. They are a ton of fun, a great way to make friends, and rumor has it you get some kind of certificate if you win one... :heh:

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for all the kind words... Even a blind squirrel finds an accorn every now and then... :redface:

Absolutely beautiful! I'd love to cook like that, but my lovely wife is allergic to seafood. :tsk: She can eat crab though, so maybe I should look into that - I've been doing crab ABT's and would like to go further with the crab thing.

Excellent work on the cook - I hope yer not after more zeros, 'cause it ain't gonna happen that way :clap2:

my lovely wife is allergic to seafood. :tsk: She can eat crab though, so maybe I should look into that - I've been doing crab ABT's and would like to go further with the crab thing.

That's too bad about your wife gtr... :doh: It's odd that she can eat crab but not other shellfish...? Oh well, crab ABT's are a great idea and crab stuffed shrooms are pretty tasty too! :becky:

That's too bad about your wife gtr... :doh: It's odd that she can eat crab but not other shellfish...? Oh well, crab ABT's are a great idea and crab stuffed shrooms are pretty tasty too! :becky:

Yeah, it's kinda odd. She can eat lobster, crab, squid, mussels, oysters, clams & scallops but no other kind of fish or seafood. Doesn't really follow the pattern of traditional seafood allergies. The crab stuffed shrooms are a beautiful thang - haven't done them in the smoker - gotta try that too! :thumb:

^^^^^ well that's better than it sounded originally... Lot's of options there for sure!

Back