ALIVE!: High Sierra Survival Cook with Pron

Our cabin is far up a canyon off the West shore of Lake Tahoe just 1 mile from the Sierra Pacific Crest. It is an ideal spot to retreat to with friends and cook up lots of good eats.

Haven't been near Tahoe in years! Of course, if I get an invite...:p

I'm usually in Rock Creek, about 30 miles S. of mammoth.

A foot of snow and 110mph sustained winds off the Pacific Crest were forecasted for that night so did a homebrew weather seal of the DigiQ, ET-73, and all the wiring/adapters in a gummi bear container.
Watertightguru.jpg

Great post! Love the resourcefulness for the ET-73 and electronics! I'm gonna have to try that sometime soon! :thumb:

Funny that you mention the 3 pins RF, I busted them out twice this last week to cruise around the lower angle hill and dale stuff in the lower valley. Nothing like freeheeling on packed powder.

yep - that's what a dirt-turner would do in their free time. my gluts and quads are burning just thinking ablout it. good thing you were well fueled.

Last edited:
Great job roughing it and thanks for sharing the lovelyness:thumb:

does *plan b* have sj cooking-up something good from this book. they are neighbors you know :rolleyes:

donnercook.jpg

Hilarious but that sent chills up my spine RF. The Donner party actually spent that fateful winter just 25 miles from our cabin. We have 200 lbs. of meat and game in our freezer up there so we could overwinter in an armageddon situation if necessary. We would just have to worry about the hungry neighbors. :pray:

The ultimate backup would be my Ruger model 44. I know where several bears overwinter in caves down the valley. Hmmm? What rub and smokewood would I break out for that? :confused:

The ultimate backup would be my Ruger model 44. I know where several bears overwinter in caves down the valley. Hmmm? What rub and smokewood would I break out for that? :confused:

don't forget when cooking bear to have an internal temp over 160*. yogi can carry trichinellosis (along with some other nasties) :shocked:

*ahum*...BUMP...*ahum*

Dang...I read this thread but didn't reply!

Most Excellent PronograPhy SJ!:cool:

Back