Alcohol at comps

to me drinking too much is a sign of immaturity and selfishness.

Those are traits, I am living proof of that...but sounds like he is an alcoholic...we drink, thats what we do, not an excuss, just a fact!

Pray for him, tell him there is always help when he is ready...Don't give up hope! Took me 14 years and several tries...But 5/1/13 with God's help will be seven years!

Hope he gets it one day!

Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. I don't want to spoil anyone elses fun but as I said, "It wouldn't bother me one bit if alcohol were banned from every contest and it was sternly enforced". The key words are "It wouldn't bother me". I am not suggesting that they ban alcohol at contests but it it certainly would not "Bother Me" if they did. KAPISH?????

I'm not attempting to put words into your mouth, or say that you are for banning alcohol. I apologize if it came off that way. I am just stating that it would bother me if they did ban it. The ban would be based on a minority that do not represent the responsible majority. I probably wouldn't cook at a contest that completely banned alcohol. There are so many contests available, that I would pick one that did not punish everyone with a zero tolerance policy.

• Thanks
Reactions: G$
Let's back up and read the posts I made.... I NEVER said he was drunk... nor insinuated it.... Yes, I did say alcohol was there, and I suppose it always will be.

I understand he was NOT drunk... why he did what he did, we may never know...

The point is, we all need to be more careful, and watch out for our "family". If you read my first post, I was reluctant to post, but thought of doing it only to bring a little information forward to our fellow brethren to be careful and let's be safe.

If we don't, then the drinks may be banned, and it will not be what it is today. I myself do not partake of it. Do I tell you not to? No, if you want it, you are all grown ups, legal age, adults, etc. You are in the end responsible for your actions and reactions.

Please do not put words into what I am trying to say, and make a mountain out of a molehill....

Just be careful, safe, and let's continue to have a good time at our comps.

BTW, the injured party is doing better and is going to undergo surgery. I am stepping out on this, and I am assuming it is to fix the broken leg. Let's keep him in our prayers, thoughts, and mojo.... he and the family is going to need it in the upcoming weeks as he is most likely going to be out of work for a while...

Let's back up and read the posts I made.... I NEVER said he was drunk... nor insinuated it.... Yes, I did say alcohol was there, and I suppose it always will be.

I understand he was NOT drunk... why he did what he did, we may never know...

Then why in your original post did you state...

There was some drinking involved...

It is more serious than that. A person had too much alcohol...

End results, the driver has or may have at least two charges against him. Theft of the equipment, and DUI....

That sounds to me like someone was DRUNK.

What has happened here is you have started a thread based on a potential powderkeg topic with little or no knowledge of what actually happened. While I have no doubt that your intentions were honorable, you may have been better off to make this thread more of a public service announcement and left out the details which you had little knowledge of to begin with.

Back