Advice on new gasser

bigradix

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
marc
Hi all, I'm new here. I'm looking for some real-person first hand experience to help me decide on a new grill for a new house I just moved to.

Sharon and I mostly grill steaks, whole fish, and vegetables. Sharon would also like to start smoking her grilled vegetables too. We are normally cooking for 2-4 people. The new grill will be NG. Rotisserie is not mandatory, but we'd like to have one. This will be freestanding cart. We're also impatient and want the speed and convenience of gas.

Neither of us will be great at maintenance, so something easy to maintain is crucial.

I've been looking at a 30" Lynx all trident. How is the routine maintenance on that? Is it really as simple as running them 5 minutes on high after each cook? What happens if you do not use both burners (i.e. indirect smoking)? Does the cool burner get gunked up?

The other options are a Blaze Pro 34" or an AOG 36" L.

I do like the option with Lynx and AOG of adding a side burner down the road if we want one. (we're using cart not built-in)

Thanks for your advice and experiences.

Welcome Marc!

I don't have any advice on a gasser for you, but I'm sure someone will be along with some help.
I can tell you that I have a Jenn Air labeled all stainless model that is pushing 20 years old.
The only things not working are the igniters for the side burner and the rotisserie burner.
It came with a lifetime warranty, which has been used once for burners and the diverter plates, no questions asked.
I guess I do have one tidbit of info, look at the warranty info while making your decision.
Good Luck!

Years back I had a Lynx and it (for a gasser) it was fantastic. Just a completely different level of grill than a weber, blaze, or other units. I’m not up to speed on the new ones, but they are quality for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t have a $6,300 grill like the one you are looking at but routine cleaning on the Ducane and Weber gas grills I owned is to turn it on high for 5-10 minutes to burn everything off followed with a quick scrub with a grill brush.

The infrared back burner is the way to go for rotisserie. Our old Ducane had that option.

I looked at the manual for the Linx 30 and on page 34 it says you need to remove and inspect the burner for food debris every 3 to 6 months. I only give my grills a deep clean once a year.

I have used Weber for years and really like them especially for quick week night cooks For smoking I like my Large BGE

I don't know anything about the brands mentioned by the OP. I upgraded my 26 yr old Weber in 2016 for a newer model (Genesis E-310) and it'll likely outlive me. Only thing I've replaced in the new one in 6 years is the AA battery in the starter.

Bought a nice Weber Genesis 25 years ago to put on the deck I built back of the home I general contracted. Tried it number of times. Went back to using the Weber kettle on the side of the garage.

Looks like that Lynx is very nice. Frankly I wouldn't spend that on my gasser, I got a nice SS webber and am very happy with it, perfect for what I need it for.

I have a Broilmaster.
This model

I've had it 24 years and have replaced the burner only twice.
Cast Aluminum Body
Stainless burner
Stainless grills
Stainless rack
Stainless control panel
You can get on a cart or post.

I searched and you can look at them here:
Summit Fireplace & Grills
2620 Castro Valley Blvd.
Castro Valley, CA 94546

Welcome Marc!

I don't have any advice on a gasser for you, but I'm sure someone will be along with some help.
I can tell you that I have a Jenn Air labeled all stainless model that is pushing 20 years old.
The only things not working are the igniters for the side burner and the rotisserie burner.
It came with a lifetime warranty, which has been used once for burners and the diverter plates, no questions asked.
I guess I do have one tidbit of info, look at the warranty info while making your decision.
Good Luck!

100% ^^^^^ look for the warranty and I LOVE my Jenn air-I have never paid for burners ,flame tamers or grates! Going on 18 years and looks like new !

Last edited:
Just got a Napoleon Roque, 1st gasser in years, IR seer burner and 3 burners will be a great weeknight cooker.

I have a 2007 Weber SS Genesis 4 Burner.
It’s been a terrific grille.
It has always been under cover but not further covered.
I thoroughly clean it every Spring and haven’t needed to replace anything.
I’m not sure they’re made the same or if the quality has been surpassed but I’ve loved mine.

Back