ABT's- what's your filling?

My fav is Cream Cheese, Hot Green Chile, toasted Pine Nuts, onions and sometimes cooked Sausage. A little Garlic never hurts. Something I haven't tried are Habineros with a garlic clove inside, of course these all have a bacon wrap, that goes without saying.

Being that I'm not a big cream cheese fan in ABT's, my usual choice is colby jack. They come out pretty tasty:

MattsABTs.jpg

I've tried all kinds of fillings, but my fav is pineapple cream cheese. The sweetness of the pineapple really complements the heat of the jalapeno. I do the boat style and just cover the top with bacon. I find too much bacon just overwhelms the pepper and cheese. For variation, add just a little green olive, ham, or cocktail shrimp.

Chuck

If I'm feeling lazy, I just stuff with sharp cheddar. If I feel like doing a little work, I thaw out some leftover pulled pork, add a little rub, and mix that with cream cheese - then stuff the peppers with that mixture.

Dang I need to venture out some. I just do the chive creme cheese with yardbird mixed in and then 3 eyez on the outside.

Chopped smoked string cheese and chopped dried cherries are my go to.

Actually, same cheese and any dried fruit - cherries, cranberries, figs, apricots, etc... - all work really well. The sweetness of the fruit plays well with the heat of the jalapeno and smokiness of the bacon.

Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Back