THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just take a pound of bacon and wedge the peppers in between the slices, then grate cheese on top of the whole thing.... Yum! And I don't have to take the seeds out that way!

My fantasy football draft is tomorrow, and I'm fixing abt's tonight... I have a BCC I smoked last weekend that is kind of italianish flavored; I'm going to chop up the breast meat, mix in sauteed mushrooms and add a bit of wine reduction sauce, then stuff some fresno peppers with that...

Then I'm going to eat those while I stuff some japs with cream cheese and chorizo for the losers I'll be drafting against... and I'm leaving the heat in 'em this time! Just try to make your 2 minute deadline with some jap juice in your mouth!

Creamcheese, crabmeat and a little soy. 225* hour and a half.
Very tastey, going to put 'em back in for a little while see if I can get the bacon a little darker.

DSC00673.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

Mokan's description sounds like boats to me too.
I just came back from the market and picked up a ton of green and yellow Japs for this Saturday.
Thise racks what thickness is the steel? All we have here is stainless and a plasma cutter so I should be able to throw something together.

Yea - boats. Ya get a little less pepper flavor - which is good when you run into one that some of the seeds are left in. We usually make 100 at a time for our party contests and always leave a few with some seeds and pulp in - adds some anticipation when you are eating them.:twisted:

The one with the tail, I tried putting the cap back on and pushed the stem through the bacon to secure it. It worked as well.

Does anyone cook these in advance and refrigerate, or are they supposed to be eaten hot? I am taking food over to a friends house and would like to make some to take over but there won't be time to have them piping hot. Any suggestions?

They don't have to be piping hot, but I don't think I'd like them cold. I've taken them places, and just put them in the oven there at 350 for a few minutes, and that's worked pretty well.

tomato corers work great to get the insides out too.

I've said this before, but, if you aren't too keen on the heat...soak them in Sprite for a while, even overnight. It's also a refreshingly spicy beverage after you take the peppers out.

Are you kidding? Soak them in sprite???

So you don't devein/core at all?

Did a dozen to take along with a butt to a NYE party, did the boat thingy and just stuffed with plain cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. Took them off the smoker minutes before leaving and they were gone within minutes of unwrapping them.
I ate 2 and noticed that they were not really hot at all, guess its because I cleaned the membrane and seeds out before stuffing. Next time I'll try leaving some of the membrane in.

Scott

Hell yes I always soak my Jalapenos
in sprite before I make my ABT's
the heat is still there but add the sweet of
the sprite..mmm Then you get to mix the
Jalapeno sprite with some Vodker if you
dare... I have even made some Habanero
ABT's I was running early sunday morning
due to Habanero turds at Lake Placid last
no time for shoes... :icon_blush:

... but, if you aren't too keen on the heat...soak them in Sprite for a while, even overnight. It's also a refreshingly spicy beverage after you take the peppers out.

Hell yes I always soak my Jalapenos
in sprite before I make my ABT's
the heat is still there but add the sweet of
the sprite..

I love the stuff I can learn here. I love ABTs, the hotter the better, but the rest of the family doesn't like any heat. Maybe this will give me a chance to enjoy them more often. Thanks.

Back