THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grafixgibbs

is one Smokin' Farker
So the Friday before Christmas I get home and my wife literally drags me in the back yard saying I have to show you something. I'm thinking either she got me a new small smoker or some animal has gone nuts back there and I have to redo the yard. When I got back there I found this:

IMG_0227.JPG
:thumb:

It was actually a gift from some friends who I cooked with for competitions. He is not planning to do more comps and gave me the cooker as a thank you for all the time I spent with him cooking and working at comps.

Earlier in the month she gave me the ok to order a TW8060 TWO-CHANNEL THERMOCOUPLE WITH ALARM. So what's a guy to do but use both on Christmas day to smoke the best turkey to date (according to my family).

IMG_0244.JPG
The cooker was still warming up. Not that I needed this with the cooker but I wanted to make sure my gauges were accurate.

Here is the final turkey:
IMG_0247.JPG

We had family in town so I decided to really test the cooker and make MOINL balls, butts and ribs. All came out great.
IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

I was even able to go out to lunch with the family while the butts were cooking. CRAZY!:shock:

Back