A Sausage Score

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I'm not sure where to post this. I didn't want to take over Adam's yellow tag thread! :-D

With meat prices so high, I've been checking out the sale bin at the grocery store more often. I came across this sausage just minutes after the butcher set them out.

The Johnsonville breakfast sausage was marked down from $4.29 to $.99 per pack. Original and Maple.

60SyqQv.jpg

809VQHy.jpg

The Cheddar Brats and Italian sausages were marked down from $6.49 to $1.99 per pack..

fmLKFh8.jpg

4Gvbu8K.jpg

I checked them out well and they had not reached the "sell by" date, so I grabbed several packs of each and canned them for future use.

uHLrPEQ.jpg

jxzcMXe.jpg

They are shelf stable and pretty much heat and eat. Kind of like brown and serve sausages.

Just a heads up to check the sale bin. :-D

(I did not take all of the sausage. There were two large bins still full)

Last edited:
Outstanding.

I really do need to fix up mu old pressure canner.

You do, Craig. Thanks! Hope you're having a great week! :-D

Only because you are afraid that he will run you over.
I always check the bargain bin myself and would be happy with a score like that. Nice job!

:laugh: Thanks Ron! I would let Adams look first. I can see us arm wrestling over a brisket or steak. . :laugh:

Thanks Friends! With the prices getting crazy, it's nice to find a discount every so often.

I know I'm fairly simple minded but why would you just not vac-pack and freeze? I usually put a serving in a fold over sandwich bag and fill a large vac-bag and seal it. I may take out one or two servings and re-vac the large bag.
Ed

Back