A Quick Brisket Timing Question

Dont worry about the temps getting 275 or so. W/ flats I have better luck on the higher end.

I had temp drops like that with the whole packer I did last week. I did open the vents on the WSM a little more to get the fire a little hotter and then the meat temp began to rise. but right now it looks like it's in the plateau. I think you are right on time. I would also put the fatties on around 4:30. Depending on the fat content, they really don't take that long to cook up. Let it sit awhile and see what the temp does. I would crank up the heat a bit if it starts dropping even more. Otherwise, it looks like you are on track.
I told you that bacon is good. You can put fresh slices on if you want more bacon at the end of the cook. You could even stuff one of the fatties with some of the chopped up bacon.

3 PM hit 170 and foiled w/ some apple juice. Put ABT's around my foiled brisket as guests are arriving at 4 for apps.

I owe you guys all a beer for the help. Temp climbing rapidly now that it's foiled. 179

Meat resting. Guests here. ABT's are excellent!
No batteries in the farking camera. So sorry, I really wanted photos.

Ran to CVS and got batteries. I'll post photos later. Straight up awesome brisket, moist, beautiful smoke ring, excellent!

Photos:

The other dish I cooked on the Q:

Thanks again for the walk through that was fun, a bit stressful and very delicious!

Back