A question for the BBq/Grillers

qman said:
I love to cook over real wood and real charcoal, and real manly fire.
But.

There are times when health, and physical constraints prevent that. Then my choice is cooking over gas, outside, or cooking over gas, inside. I much prefer cooking outside.

I think the problem some of us have is our comparasions. It is not mostly about choosing to cook with wood or gas, but about cooking outside with gas or cooking inside. When we have the time and energy, real live fire cooking wins out every time. But sometimes the choice is the gasser, or the range. I choose the gasser, outside. Just me.

Yep! Fire Good, wood is my preference, gas works for expedience when needed.

Nothin' wrong with a gasser...not my first choice but, they all have their place!

I thought it was smoke signals telling the neighorhood.... "I cook cheap meat"? No.... ok, I'll go with grease fire since my decoder ring broke. To short of a message for ovaltine.

Harbormaster said:
Dense black smoke is indicative of incomplete combustion of the present hydrocarbons and other volatile componds, organic and inorganic, that may have accumulated in said cooking device, likely from the rendering of non-protein based animal remains present in the foodstuffs prepared on said cooking device.

Yeah. That's exactly what I was going to say. :|

tjus77 said:
I thought it was smoke signals telling the neighorhood.... "I cook cheap meat"?

LMAO!

ancient indian signal for "step back from the fire"

gas does have its place......makes a great fire starter and warms the tent fine. lol
If am outside, I make a wood or charcoal fire. I try to replicate gas recipes on the stove top using a nice cast iron griddle.
But hey thats just me, propane grills kick my ass, I stick to my wood.

Gas has its place in the world

You just have to know its limits...

Attachments

• grillii.jpg
    grillii.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 23
Back