A poll at the behest of 16Adams (Which cooker provides the consistency in smoked meat your family/friends expect)

Which cooker provides the consistency in smoked meat your family/friends expect?

• Ceramic

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Traditional Steel internal firebox

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Offset

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Pellet

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Barrel/Drum

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Bullet

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Other (please specify in 100 words or less)

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I was having just a regular day and like a bolt out of the blue (or was I struck by someone's errant approach shot?) came the request from an infrequent, yet loquacious poster, named 16Adams:

Suggestion--Someday one of your epic polls

Which cooker provides the consistency in smoked meat your family/friends expect​

Well it took about 24 hours to recover from the aforementioned strike, but now I believe I'm lucid enough to attempt to honor this nobel request.

And now without further ado, I hereby do the poll that 16Adams suggested I do.

Now allow me to bid you a fond adieu!

Last edited:
It's tough to beat my kettle (SNS or Weber) when it comes to socializing and cooking up some grub. That being said nothing is as exciting or interesting as an offset smoker. Offsets require skill to run them properly and that always translates into a good conversation about their operation.

Which of these spins?

I'm testing 3,600 rpm spinning vortex steak.

I figure I'll go with 20 day dry aged because inside the spinning vortex we're at a time warp of around 45 days, which should be perfect for a 60 day dry age reverse sear vortex cook

Which of these spins?

I'm testing 3,600 rpm spinning vortex steak.

I figure I'll go with 20 day dry aged because inside the spinning vortex we're at a time warp of around 45 days, which should be perfect for a 60 day dry age reverse sear vortex cook

Would you bump it up to 21 days in the winter, since the days are shorter?

Got to say my Dream Smoker, the Meadowcreek BX 50 has been a blessing, although I can mess up on occasion. My WSM 22, is just as great, only takes a little more "baby sitting".
So I guess that " Which ever smoker you are personally most happy with is the Best One!

Looks and Appearance.

Traveling through the country and you see an offset burping thin blue, it warms the soul.
I probably use my offset the least but the smile factor is chart topping.

Back