A New Pit Decision has been made.

cntryblues

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
After talking extensively with what seems to be three of the most well-known Pit makers for a while now. I think I have made a decision on my first pit. Drum Roll Please... :clap:

I think I am going to choose the Decked out loaded Bubba Grill 250. Although from the threads around, I am going to have him add a drain in the box cooker, a third shelf, the ball drain, and a charcoal basket....

http://www.bubbagrills.net/250.html

I know that is probably more than I will need for a while, but I hope I will be a good long time before I have to add to the arsenal.... (So does my wife)....LOL.... I am going to get to go be a part of their team for a cook when I pick up the pit and do as much as I want to do under their supervision of course to learn. Sounds like a lot of driving but an exciting fun time to start this journey of BBQ Tranquility...:doh:

Thoughts, ideas, prayers, talk me out of it speeches, there is wisdom in multitude of counselors... :caked:

Thanks
Cntryblues....

Last edited:
Welcome and what a first post!!!!
Sounds like you're in for the long haul, but that's not a bad thing

That is certainly a great choice, out of curiosity did you look at Shirley Fabrication in Alabama. He is a member here and if I were buying a new reverse flow it would be from him, not because he is a member but because he builds a very high quality cooker for a reasonable price.

That is certainly a great choice, out of curiosity did you look at Shirley Fabrication in Alabama. He is a member here and if I were buying a new reverse flow it would be from him, not because he is a member but because he builds a very high quality cooker for a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, I in my research I didn't know about them until now. It is too late for changes in commitments.... I went to his web site and am very impressed with what I see... It looks like he makes the strongest charcoal baskets I have seen... as well as his attention to detail is very good as well...

Thanks
Cntryblues :doh:

Congrats! I wouldn't worry about out growing that for a long time.

Hey Folks I appreciate all the encouragement... I don't care how long you been doing it... it is a Big time move..... And being a rookie the nerves kick in....

comments and thoughts still very welcome...

Thanks so much!
Cntryblues....:loco: or :crazy:

Back