A Man gots to do what a Man gots to do....

You did the right thing - your daughter will always remember it even if it doesn't seem like it.

you could purchase the video, go to the competition, and when the video comes in, sit on the couch with your daughter and watch it together! problem solved:crazy:

you could purchase the video, go to the competition, and when the video comes in, sit on the couch with your daughter and watch it together! problem solved:crazy:
You mean on the couch where he would be sleeping for the next year???

I got home last night and my wife says "You daughter has something to tell you".
So my sweet middle girl, age 4 says "Daddy, my dance class is going to have a dance recital in May. Are you going to go see me?"
I say "of course honey, I wouldn't miss it for anything"
So my wife looks at me and says "You won't miss it for anything?"
I said "That's right".
She follows up and says "I guess you need to cancel your trip to Austin then because that is the same day as the Sam's Club Cook off".:doh:
I just sat in my chair and stared. You see, I have been very excited that I got in under the wire to join some elite cookers down in Austin for the Sam's Club cookoff qualifier. All the scenarios ran through my head of maybe I can leave right after turn ins, etc. Then I came to my senses. My little girl is going to be more excited about me seeing her dance more than me possibly doing good in the qualifier and moving onto the regionals.
Not sure if KCBS will refund me the $250 and let the next person on the waiting list in there or not.:pray:
So all those in the Austin cookoff, good luck!! I guess I'll just have to judge the regionals in Ft. Worth instead to enjoy this event.

You're a good father!!!!!:clap2:

No doubt, you did the right thing.

It's just what a Daddy does.
it's what we signed up for and it's a great job.

Back