THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Not ideal, but buyable and cookable select whole packer.

Last edited:
I was looking through the ads this morning, and realized that I may as well eat stuff like NY steak on a regular basis. It now cost about the same as most other cuts.

I have just been buying 1 or 2 every time I see them at $1.99/lb...

In a pinch, I'd pay $2.78/lb :wink:

Best part were two large 1" porterhouse steaks 7$ each, thin rib eyes 3@7 and whole cut chickens for 3$, lean ground chuck 2.78# I think. Only bought one brisket but several of everything else. Not a bad haul as I only went in for a veggie tray :))

HEB all natural briq
Pecan chunks- just a couple
PBC
Kosher Salt, Cracked black pepper, Plowboys YB dusting (color) and hint

Last edited:
That's what I paid the other day. Around here, I'll take $2.78 any day. I haven't been to Restaurant Depot recently, and they may be a few cents less, but the gas back and forth would kill any savings.

Best part were two large 1" porterhouse steaks 7$ each, thin rib eyes 3@7 and whole cut chickens for 3$, lean ground chuck 2.78# I think. Only bought one brisket but several of everything else. Not a bad haul as I only went in for a veggie tray :))
Well, there ya go! My grocery hasn't had good steak prices in forever and when they do, it is Selects...

Pleased

Sounds like a win when you combine the prices.

Overall pleased. Probably should have bought more chicken. I didn't have my reading glasses on and thought I was buying three breast halves. Ended up being a whole chick minus drums and a wing. It's through, here's the pollo $$ shot. It's still quite a bit of bird for the price.

Last edited:
That brisket would have set you back $71.00 here. Yeah, beef is insane here. Brisket $6.47 a LB. We wont talk porter house or prime rib $$$.

My golf wife just came home and says" something smells great, did you see my note?" Yes dear-got it.

Last edited:
I just paid $2.98/lb at Walmart for a choice packer that I cooked overnight last night. And that's the best price I can find around here, so I think you did well. Wish I could find them for $1.99

I just paid $2.98/lb at Walmart for a choice packer that I cooked overnight last night. And that's the best price I can find around here, so I think you did well. Wish I could find them for $1.99

They are $2.98 in Minnesota as well. Happened to look at one in Hy-Vee and they had an 11 and change one for $5.99/lb - almost $70 !

Back