THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I like both the two beautiful red kettles in the first photo and the neat looking extra rack on your WSM in the second. Where did you get the rack from?

Dave

I'm trying to corner the market on Red kettles!
That is a raised grate for a Large Big Green Egg.

hey, is that a cajun bandit(i think) in the picture with the 2 eggs, been thinking about getting one for my performer, but think i would need a step ladder to load it.

Yup! The Cajun Bandit cylinder is 18" and if you add the Weber or EZ-Que rotisserie ring its adds @ 24" to the height on the Performer. I'm 6' 2" tall and thats almost chest tall for me. I haven't tried it on the Performer yet but don't really see any reason not to.
Check out my Cajun Bandit rotisserie cooks here or the bullet site-I think you'd be happy with one.

All looks insane! Nice work. If you have all those cookers you gotta use 'em.

Would love to know more about how you prepared and cooked the tri-tip you did indirect and then quick seared. As long as it's not giving away any secrets.

I just smoked them to @ 125-135* internal at @ 250* to get smoke on them then let them rest a bit and quick seared on the kettle coals. Its easy with the WSM or Cajun Bandit, more of a PITA if I'm using the Egg-the platesetter is hot!
I cook Tri's on the drum, in a kettle direct sear then smoke indirect and these would be a reverse sear I suppose-they all come out tasty.

Cabin? That's a cabin?

It all looks great! Nice job for all the friends and family.

That what they call it-the cabin. Riverfront property, they are into watersports and sleds. It is beautiful beyond belief!

Cooks were defiantly worth of PRON!

Tri-Tip look great what temp and seasoning did you use?

The ones on the Weber were a jazzed up version of a Santa Maria recipe from the bullet site.
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/tritip1.html

I chose the Low n' Slow method.

The two I cooked on the Egg were Plowboy's Bovine Bold and the other was Pappy's Seasoning. All very good!

Great job Brian, good thing you have a trailer to haul around all those cookers... :wink:

Just curious, where does one find one of those there extension grates that sit on top of the WSM top grate?

Big Green Egg Accessories

Great job Brian, good thing you have a trailer to haul around all those cookers... :wink:

Just curious, where does one find one of those there extension grates that sit on top of the WSM top grate?

It's a grill extender, with flip up grids. Works great for ABT's and small items too! They have some neat items.
http://www.biggreenegg.com/racks.html

tjv also has some grids that would be useful for adding grate space on kettles too!
http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/ceramicgrillstore/

Back