THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I usually make these on a hot coal grill but wanted to try out the Blackstone.
We call these flat ones West Texas enchiladas. In other areas, they refer to them as sonoran.

3b447d59-9930-4b02-8942-434cc45e8957_zps1rdoi2ld.jpg

f39b1093-b1ad-438e-a303-f47f4b29a874_zpslmjmasov.jpg

This was my smallest cook on the Blackstone. I've made shrimp and grits and onion smash burgers so far. I like the way this thing cooks. :)

Thanks for looking!
I've made the Sonoran variety quite a few times and yours looks great. YUM!

I have no idea what I could possibly add to what has already been said, just ANOTHER............INCREDIBLE...............COOK!!!!!!!

:clap2:
Keep them coming Jeanie, you are an inspiration!

KC

Looks awesome.... As always....my griddle should be here this week.... Between you SSV... And thatgrimguy.... I just had to order one.... Cant wait to get it... Not sure what i will cook but i am excited none the less...

I'm sending my people to your people to pick up a plate ;-)

Last edited:
Thanks Clay!! :grin:

Here's what a regular West Texas stacked enchilada looks like...

Red-Enchiladas.jpg

They're usually two or three layers tall.

I like em but they are too much for one person (me) to eat in one sitting. :grin:

Aaahhhhhh....I come from central Texas so have never seen an enchilada stacked like that! In central Texas they are always rolled and they use corn tortillas not flour. Learn something new everyday!!!

WOW !!!!

Let me say that backwards now....!!!!WOW

Like the looks of that way better than the W.Tex tomatoey version (which looks pretty good)......only thing I can think of is right at the beginning using jalepeno-infused olive oil to to start off.......great job !!!!!!

Just awesome! They don't make them like that in central texas. I never knew what I was missing. I think I'm a little sad that I never had a chance to try one. Guess I know what's for breakfast this weekend.

Thanks everybody!!

Looks awesome.... As always....my griddle should be here this week.... Between you SSV... And thatgrimguy.... I just had to order one.... Cant wait to get it... Not sure what i will cook but i am excited none the less...
Paul, that's great! I'm lookin' forward to seeing your cooks! :grin:

Really nice Jeanie. Love the food your putting out off this thing.

I'm still pretty sure you need one of these Sam. :grin: Thanks!

I'm sending my people to your people to pick up a plate ;-)
lol I'll save ya a plate. Thanks Adams!

Aaahhhhhh....I come from central Texas so have never seen an enchilada stacked like that! In central Texas they are always rolled and they use corn tortillas not flour. Learn something new everyday!!!
We have the rolled kind here too and they are delicious! I like the stacked ones for a change every once in awhile. Thanks again Clay! :grin:

WOW !!!!

Let me say that backwards now....!!!!WOW

Like the looks of that way better than the W.Tex tomatoey version (which looks pretty good)......only thing I can think of is right at the beginning using jalepeno-infused olive oil to to start off.......great job !!!!!!
lol Thanks Buckie! I"m not a tomatoey fan either if it's drenched. Love your infused oil idea!!

Just awesome! They don't make them like that in central texas. I never knew what I was missing. I think I'm a little sad that I never had a chance to try one. Guess I know what's for breakfast this weekend.

Thank you! I like the breakfast kind for a change. :grin:

Matt, thanks!! :grin:

Thanks again Brethren!

Great lookin' breakfast Jeanie!

Rumor is she's more than one person. Triplets?

lol I would love to have a twin! I'd leave her here to do the work so I can take more time away. Thanks Charles! :mrgreen:

Back