A Big Thank You

B

Big Mike's BBQ

I did not have a greaat start to a competition weekend. On the way to the contest, my BWS fell off the platform I carry it on, om the back of my motorhome. While it is not destroyed it was unusable for the contest. I made a call to David Hintz with Pork County BBQ (he was cooking the same contest) to see if he had a axtra cooker with him. He spread the word to those at the contest and by the time I got there, 45 minutes later, I had an 18 in WSM from Matt Calrk with Water Tower BBQ and a Goodone from Ray and Jay with Smokehouse 72. Plus many other offers. This is why I love doing this. I do not think that you would find this sort of help in other sports anywhere. What makes me feel even better is that my story is not unique, there are countless ones like it out there like it. I am proud to call these people friends.
Now they may not be so generous the next time since I was 4th in pork, 9th in chicken and ribs and 3rd over all. Which was better than they did (little rubbing it in there). Thanks again guys!!!

Big Mike

While I'm not suprized at the help offered, I am glad to see the kinship BBQ people share with their competition.
It makes me proud to be one of ya.
Ed

Great Job Mike! We were glad to assit. Just goes to show that its not the cooker its the cook, or was it the cooker??$$?

It was cool to see how quickly you got everything! hat contest had a lot of quality folks competing. That was the first comp I have ever done when all us neighbors shared our Q with one another immediately after turn-ins for each category. That's one of the memories that I'll be sure to hold on to!

That is exactly why I keep on Competing.

The teams are my "Family" out there on the weekend. :-D
To be honest, I talk on the phone more with team cooks than I do my own Kiddos, and that's a shame.

Everyone helps everyone (except the Jerks :-D) out there.

TIM

And 3rd overall too. Good job .... and good luck borrowing others eq again. :p

Yeah, I thought about calling you Bobby and seeing if you were still using that backwoods, thought i might have to buy it back from you. But it looks like mine is salvageable.

Big Mike

It definitely was great to see folks come together to help you out. Congrats on the 3rd overall!! I hope Dave gets that baby fixed up for ya.

I did not have a greaat start to a competition weekend. On the way to the contest, my BWS fell off the platform I carry it on, om the back of my motorhome. While it is not destroyed it was unusable for the contest. I made a call to David Hintz with Pork County BBQ (he was cooking the same contest) to see if he had a axtra cooker with him. He spread the word to those at the contest and by the time I got there, 45 minutes later, I had an 18 in WSM from Matt Calrk with Water Tower BBQ and a Goodone from Ray and Jay with Smokehouse 72. Plus many other offers. This is why I love doing this. I do not think that you would find this sort of help in other sports anywhere. What makes me feel even better is that my story is not unique, there are countless ones like it out there like it. I am proud to call these people friends.
Now they may not be so generous the next time since I was 4th in pork, 9th in chicken and ribs and 3rd over all. Which was better than they did (little rubbing it in there). Thanks again guys!!!

Big Mike

Great story - thanks for sharing. Further proof it is the cook and not the cooker. If you truly understand fire control you can jump on any cooker and do well.

Back