A Big Pot of Red

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Well, wasn't as busy as some this weekend but did some brisket, chicken breasts, a pork butt and a chuck roast. Ate the brisket last night for dinner and have plans for the chicken breasts (chicken corn chowder). Tonight I turned the chuck roast into a pot of chili - that will be tomorrow nights dinner - need to let it meld together tonight... but it sure looks good...

Attachments

• pot o red.jpg
    pot o red.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 135
wow looks gr8 I was wondering how you make a chili without beans would you be willing to post recipe.

Lookin' fine. The temps dropped today and a bowl of red woulda hit the spot. Bean soup and cornbread were good 2 though!

Looks great....been jones'n for a bowl of chili!!!:biggrin:

Is there any chili in there?

Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but that looks sauceless

Man how I love the cold weather to eat more stews and chili

The beauty of chili is that their's so many ways to make it - and it's damn much a fact that they are all good.

Is there any chili in there?

Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but that looks sauceless

Man how I love the cold weather to eat more stews and chili

I do prefer my Chilli a little thicker than most, but I do think thats a little thick for my tastes!

The beauty of chili is that their's so many ways to make it - and it's damn much a fact that they are all good.

I have to agree with many of you - there's all kinds and the're all good...

I am a big fan of really thick stews and chilis - just my preference -and am not a fan of beans when I came across this recipe it became a staple at our house. As you may imagine, I don't use as much water as is called for.
AzQer you asked for the recipe - here goes. It is from The Southern Living Cookbook and titled Texas Chunkey Chili - not being from Texas I do not pretend to know if this is authentic or not so no hate mail here guys..:wink:

2 large onions, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
3 cloved garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 tsp veggie oil
3 lbs boneless chuck roast, diced (I use a smoked chuckie)
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 (28 oz) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped(I use crushed)
1 (6oz ) can tomato paste
1/4 cup chili powder
1/2 tsp salt (I usually omit)
3 1/2 cups water.

This is the basic recipe - you all know what to do with the ingredients. It's not very hot which is good for feeding the whole range of folks and lends itself nicely to a dash of hot sauce if you like.

Well, my biscuits are done and the chili has been heated up - chow time!

Back