THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice looking steak Jeanie!

Good thing I'm a gentleman or I'd ask... :becky:

Awesome aged steaks neighbor. We gotta work on a better whiskey (bourbon or scotch) for ya! :laugh:

I keep going back to the black silk stocking that you... "had on hand." But I ain't askin' :biggrin1:

This is yet another reason why I find that I'll need a cheap second fridge.

You'd pay a pretty penny for an aged hunk of meat like that in a restaurant...

That looks fantastic, Jeanie.

Thank you Shadow! A second fridge really comes in handy. :-D

Dang, that looks amazing! :shocked: I gotta try dry aging sometime. Nice adult beverage pairing too! :thumb:

Thanks so much T.Mac! The dry aging really made this inexpensive steaks nice and tender. Crown is the only whiskey I keep on hand. I need to broaden my horizons. :grin:

Lookin like a serious yes!

Thank you Blue!! :thumb:

As always Jeanie, I find myself trying to lick the screen whenever you post your cooks.

Nice job on that beef!

Thank you John!! I do the same with your cooks! :grin:

Those look fantastic Jeanie! You and Sako got me started on the Umai bags, and I'm sure glad you did! I'll be putting a 4-bone Hereford prime rib into a bag tonight, for Christmas! Looks like I'd better get some Crown, too!

Chris, your prime rib sounds great!! Can't wait to see it. Thanks! :grin:

Nice looking steak Jeanie!

Good thing I'm a gentleman or I'd ask... :becky:

lol Thanks Norm! :hug::becky:

Awesome aged steaks neighbor. We gotta work on a better whiskey (bourbon or scotch) for ya! :laugh:

I need schooled on whiskey Neighbor!! lol Thanks!

Steak with a side of steak - I like it!

Thanks LM! Sometimes veggies are not needed. :mrgreen:

I keep going back to the black silk stocking that you... "had on hand." But I ain't askin' :biggrin1:

lol Jeremy, You're a true gentleman. :thumb: :grin:

Nuttin' to be ashamed of... I keep black silk stockings on hand.
You never know when they might come in handy.:wink:

Exactly!! I keep them around in case I want to dry age steaks. :thumb: :wink:

This^^^^^^^^^. :becky::clap2:

Oh and what's the story behind that stocking? Inquiring minds want to know...:oops:

Thanks!
The stocking helps the bag adhere during the first week of dry aging. I use an old vacuum sealer that doesn't work the best. Sometimes no stocking is needed.
Other than that....doesn't every woman own black silk stockings? :oops: :mrgreen::thumb:

Great job as always Jeanie. My 10 year old daughter just told me last week, "you know dad you need to to try dry aging some steaks", don't know where she got that from, I told her about the Umai bags, guess I'm going to have to try it to keep her happy.

Great job as always Jeanie. My 10 year old daughter just told me last week, "you know dad you need to to try dry aging some steaks", don't know where she got that from, I told her about the Umai bags, guess I'm going to have to try it to keep her happy.

Mike that's great! Nice that she is interested in the process. Hope it turns out well for you two! Please keep me posted if you get the time. :grin:

Wow!!! I'll need to try this.

Thank you Rduck!

Looks great!

Cowgirl - I have a question about the bags, and you're one of the first people I've come across that has used them extensively. And obviously, you're credentials on this site are well established :)

What's the benefit to using the bags? I've read a bunch online going back and forth. It seems like the biggest benefit is to keep the smell down in a shared fridge, is that right?

I'd be terrified to kill a large and expensive piece of meat because I couldn't get the bags to adhere properly....

I'd love to pull a prime rib for Christmas, so it's time to start getting prepped :)

I have a standalone fridge that I use only for beer. Is there benefit to using the bag?

Thanks!

Back