50th Birthday UDS

That's a really solid build. Looks great, too! I'm sure your buddy will be VERY pleased.

Uds

That's a really nice looking UDS. I just finished my first one a few weeks ago. Mine has a capital U for Ugly though. I like your charcoal basket a lot. Do the air intakes work well? That is a lot simpler than the ones I made. Mine don't work too well.

Jason

You've got a very lucky friend, perfect age to start smokin too. Now only if it were orange and black....:p Seriously that is one nice idea for a basket.

If that's your 1st UDS, can't wait to see your 2nd, your friend is truly lucky, must of felt like you were giving away you 1st born, I'm guessing you had a little tear in your eye, I know I would of, awesome job!

Thanks everyone. You guys are great and I loved reading your comments. I really enjoyed building it and my buddy was floored when he unwrapped it last Saturday. Just the look on his face was worth it. We have been best friends for 37 years now. He has survived 3 heart attacks and I feel blessed that he's still around. Next weekend we are going camping with my homebrewing club, but the weekend after we will break it in with some fattys, butts, and ABT's. The logo's that I used are vinyl ones that I ordered from a kiosk at the local mall. My nephew used these same logo's on a large commercial propane grill that he uses for tailgating at the Charger games. He has had them stuck on there for three years now and they have held up to the heat, but we'll see. Now it's time to start on another UDS for me. Oh yeah, Blackened, if I made it silver and black I'm afraid it would go from being a smoker to just getting smoked!!! J/K.

Regards,
BorderBrewer

Great looking drum! That was a very thoughtful gift! :thumb:

Back