• November 20/21

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks!

Basically, life happened.

Can you believe it?

Even though it was right here in my own back yard -

It all started early Friday morning. Nancy had to be at work at 4:00AM and so I got up with her at 2:30AM Being an old man (you'll learn about that later, Shane), I never got back to sleep - and so by the time I got home at 6:00PM Friday night from work, me arse was draggin! I drove by the campground around 5:45PM on my way home and thought about stopping then, but I was just too exhausted. I was asleep by 7:00 that night.

I was awake and up by 3:30A Saturday morning - and I even thought about going out there then, thinking that someone was probably still up - but I didn't go because I hate not being drunk when others have been drinking.

One thing lead to another then my son got up and let me know he had a flat tire - on his brand new tire - it was the wierdest thing! It was a piece of flint rock in the shape of a tooth that had actually been able to puncture his all-season steel belted Firestone tire.

Anyway - I wanted to be sure that he had the experience of changing the tire on his own (since that's a lost art lately -) and I hung out with him while he jacked up the car, put a jack stand under it for safe keeping, threw the tire in the back of our other car and drove it up to the gas station on the corner (I am so grateful that we have a gas station up on the corner that actually does mechanical work!) and had them repair it - which took a while because they were busy (like they always are).

I'll spare you the details of the ending of that story, but everything went as we thought it would and he was back in action by about 11AM

Then my mom called. I felt REALLY guilty about that because I haven't even seen her since July sometime and she only lives down at the bottom of the hill. So I decided I wanted to go visit with her for a while.

About 2PM Nancy called saying she was on her way home from work already and that she was ready to go out and eat. So we went to the Free State to eat - it was fantastic! BUT - the beer made me too tipsy so I didn't feel safe driving out to the KOA to visit with the folks at the bash (where I am sure I would have been drinking more!), so I just stayed home with Nancy. We talked about heading out there, but Nancy was too tired.

That's basically how things went - Because I commute ten hours a week to and from my new job, I have been spending as much time as possible with Nancy when she is off work. I spent the rest of Saturday and all day Sunday with Nancy because she had Sunday off.

There you go!

:)
We will have the bash at your house next year!:p You did not owe us an explanation but thanks. It just seem different with out you guys over in the corner, we left it open for you. There is always next year!

Back