THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twelvegaugepump

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Kevin
Just the other day in this thread (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168318&highlight=hog) I was commenting on how I wanted to keep the whole hog cooking streak going. Little did I know how that would play out.

I was on vacation on Wed and got a call from my mother in laws's cousin. He asked me if I could do a whole pig for him the next day. I thought he was joking. His caterer backed out on him at the last minute and he had 160 people coming the next day to a luau at the retirement home he owns. I told him that if he could get a pig in my hands by 8pm, I could get it done. He called all around the state and finally got one almost 2 hours away. It was a 121lb pig, so I added 4 butts as well.

His kitchen staff took care of all the sides and I cooked under his license and insurance which was the only way I was going to do this gig. The people loved it and there was very little left when I took off that night.

3 weeks ago today I cooked my first pig. Yesterday I cooked two more pork butts for my niece's first birthday. Between the three pigs and six pork butts, I have done 424 lbs of pork in 20 days. It has been a ton of fun, though I think I might just have a salad tonight for supper. :razz

Back